Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that at about 50 to 60 +/- mph in 4th and 5th gears and at moderate acceleration I am getting a noise from the engine that sounds like a chirping sound. Has anyone else heard this noise from their V2K?

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
I also have the same sound on my 05 V2k limited, never knew what it was till now. Guess with so many hearing the same thing it must be the norm.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also have a definite hearing loss but I can still hear that chirping. At times it is really loud and bugs me something terrible. Other times it is just a mild annoyance. Either way if it's the F.I.'s I'll just learn to live with it.

·
Registered
305 Posts
The solution to quiet the birds is to get nice , loud pipes. I recently put on Cobra speedster longs and a FI2000R fuel maneger and cant hear the chirping as much. I think by adding more fuel with the fuel processor, it helps illiminate some of that noise as well as being drownd out by the pipe noise with isnt even that loud and obnoxious, just enough noise for me :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
2008 v2k noise

Of the four different noises I can hear, one of them is a broken heat shield weld on the lower (front) exhaust pipe. It buzzes at a certain rpm range through 1st, 2nd, and third gears. Took it back to the dealer; they confirmed the problem and are ordering a replacement section (under warranty) that includes the heat shield. It's easy to tell if yours is broken; just try lifting one end. If it moves-- it's broken.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
it starts out small nuff, 4 you know it your shellin out big coin

:)
I've noticed that at about 50 to 60 +/- mph in 4th and 5th gears and at moderate acceleration I am getting a noise from the engine that sounds like a chirping sound. Has anyone else heard this noise from their V2K?
CP, sounds like you got some crikits in your skooter. get some big spiders and them crikets be gone in no time. but then you got whole other problems.. how to rid the spiders. get yer some snakes. but then you need birds to rid the snakes. next them dam birds is back to chirpin up a storm and yu'll be needin a cat. them are nasty vile critters, er vermin. a good hound will chase em off and now you got yerself a real drinken pal and will need a buddy seat to take yer pal for rides. cept he's dirt poor and you got to pony up for the all the brewskis and burgers he be chowin down. so you might as well just settle back and let them crikits be.. lest corse you dont mind buyin the beers.:) out, ponch

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
belt out some toons

I think that sound is comming from the belt not the engine.
VIP'r, you can hear that from all the way over there? dam you some got good ears!:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a '07 Classic and I too am hearing some really wierd noises. At 5K I was getting some really groaning at 20-30 mph, bought some new ME 880's and when I got the bike back, the noise was gone. I now have 11k and I put the bike in the garage today because I cannot tell whether I belt is making noise again, or what sounds like a rear wheel bearing going out? Anyone out there have experience with noises like that? If so, what was the remedy? Thank you!

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
too much weight and the bike will groan

At 5K I was getting some really groaning at 20-30 mph, bought some new ME 880's and when I got the bike back, the noise was gone.
bingy, that groaning was your bike telling you to get rid of thos brickstones tires. when you did the metz, they reset your belt tension is part why your bike was now quiet and happy w/the new shoes. btw, how do you like em?

check your belt tension for to tight, no slack. that will put a strain on the bearings and might be the cause of the noise. tight they whine, loose they chirp. sick they moan. too much weight on the bike and they groan.;)
I can twist my belt 45 degrees in the middle and that seems to have nuff play w/o being tight. but these motor bikes make all kinds of weird noises. hard sometimes to pinpoint the culprit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks Poncho! I squirted some wd 40 on the belt and all kinds of noises went away! Put over 600 miles on her this weekend and not a noise! I am a happy man!

Thank you for the tips!

Sincerely

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
too oily in the mornin for this kinda humor

Thanks Poncho! I squirted some wd 40 on the belt and all kinds of noises went away! Put over 600 miles on her this weekend and not a noise!
aiye! curumba!:eek: no, not me. not my fingerprints on this...fix? I 'spose if I squirt some fish oil in my ears I dont hear anything either.. don't know that it fixed anything but I since I can't hear it..., must be good? :) ponch

1 - 19 of 19 Posts