Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty new here so I apologize for not contributing anything yet except my problems. Yesterday I noticed a plunking sound coming from my engine. It kinda sounds like a giant water drop hitting the water. It doesn't happen all the time. When I first start it up after about thirty seconds and it happens without a pattern but there are at least 10 seconds or more between plunks. After the bike warms up it doesn't make the noise.

If you have any ideas please let me know.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I know exactly the sound that you're describing. Totally normal, and I haven't heard it since I replaced the factory pipes!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know exactly the sound that you're describing. Totally normal, and I haven't heard it since I replaced the factory pipes!
Thank you for your insight. I want new pipes. Putting it up on youtube is an excellent idea. I'm going to hope it's normal for now.:)

·
Registered
273 Posts
the noise you are referring to is fine. its a noise coming from an air valve under the tank. it has to do with the air recirculation system i believe.

·
Registered
847 Posts
900 noises

I have almost 20,000 miles on an 07 and it makes all kinds of noise, but keeps on ticking like a fine swiss watch. I have ridden it all day long for six days, the noises keep coming and the bike keeps developing character. noisiest bike I ever owned but it is one tough cookie...Same song different verse on noise. When I put a set of lowers and deflectors on I heard things I had never heard before, but she is still going strong......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts