Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, what is this sound? New oil (motul 15/50), new iridium plug.Not always heard,especially cold engine.I am not enforce. :crying2:

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Check for exhaust leak at the heads. My rear cylinder pipe will work loose after a couple year and needs new crush gasket in it.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Eather it's your exhaust blowing OR your oil is to heavy ! I don't know the 800 motor ! some one with more no how will be along to help you out !

I don't know if your motor has hydrolic lifters ! If it has the oil could be to thick to pump them up untill the motor is warm !

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Eather it's your exhaust blowing OR your oil is to heavy ! I don't know the 800 motor ! some one with more no how will be along to help you out !

I don't know if your motor has hydrolic lifters ! If it has the oil could be to thick to pump them up untill the motor is warm !
Thank you for your reply, I will try with 10/40 oil

·
Registered
11,756 Posts
1. How many miles on it?
2. How long have you owned?
3. Did the noise just start one day, or?
4. Any modifications...pipes, etc?

·
Registered
11,756 Posts
No hydraulic lifters or HLA's on this. Kawasaki does not use hydraulic lifters on its engines, but uses HLA's on certain models.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1. How many miles on it?
2. How long have you owned?
3. Did the noise just start one day, or?
4. Any modifications...pipes, etc?
1.55.000 km
2.I bought it about a year ago, the balancer dampers changed, valve adjustment was made
3.I just started and suddenly happened
4.only highway hawk pipes.

Thanks!

·
Registered
11,756 Posts
I will agree with Rick. Leaks at the head pipe can sometimes sound "exactly" like a loose valve.
The noise seems to come and go, in the video, which leans me in that direction too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Today change 10/40 motorcycle (motul5100) oil, no noise.I will observe for a few days,a possibility;

Can the piston be slapping?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts