Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Just recently installed a new delkevic exhaust into my Vulcan S 650, but right after turning the engine on to test the sound, the check engine light came on...not sure if this is normal due to the new exhaust. I’m pretty sure i did my diligence to not ruin the O2 sensor taking it out and back on....I checked the error code and it says code 67 (O2 sensor heater malfunction). Any of you guys encounter similar issue? Should i be worry about this? The bike seem to run fine....

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
I would recheck my connector If I recall there are 4 wires with one pair being the heater for the O2 sensor. I have changed my exhaust several times and only had an issue when I accidently left a connector loose. does the engine run? if so does it " sound right" . I had left the TPS ( throttle position sensor} loose and it would start but did not run as it should.
Duh just saw the runs fine.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi! Just recently installed a new delkevic exhaust into my Vulcan S 650, but right after turning the engine on to test the sound, the check engine light came on...not sure if this is normal due to the new exhaust. I’m pretty sure i did my diligence to not ruin the O2 sensor taking it out and back on....I checked the error code and it says code 67 (O2 sensor heater malfunction). Any of you guys encounter similar issue? Should i be worry about this? The bike seem to run fine....
Hi Mate, did you disconnect the battery prior to unhooking and removing the sensor and then reinstalling to your new exhaust?
They are temperamental apparently. I would do that anyway now and then see if a reboot might be the IT off and on again solution.

Failing that I would run it around to a local motorbike shop and ask them to test it!

Cheers

·
Registered
22 Posts
as above, check connection is first job. mine was fine after silencer swap and made sure ignition hadnt been on during the fitment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts