Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I am waiting to take delivery on my "new-to-me" 07 900 custom and I was wondering if anyone has pics of their custom with engine guards. I am trying to decide if I like the look or not. If you have pics could you post them up and tell me what brand they are?

thanks,
truckie453

·
Registered
976 Posts
Like the looks or not, you will LOVE them the first time you find your bike over on it's side. They have blacked out ones listed for the 2010 SE if you want them to be more invisible.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like the looks or not, you will LOVE them the first time you find your bike over on it's side. They have blacked out ones listed for the 2010 SE if you want them to be more invisible.
I saw the black ones... the look pretty cool. Actually I think I am going to go the black out route on my 07... it is the red though so I'll have to see how it looks... thanks for the tip. :D

·
Registered
147 Posts
I was choosing the "right" :D set of crash bars over the past few weeks. After much thinking and looking, I got the OEM type about two weeks ago.

I personally like the looks. The Cobras seem too round to me, the MC Enterprises too big (too tall). The OEMs have the right amount of curvature and blend with the bike perfectly.

If you want them to be even more invisble, go for the black version. I do not like anything flashy but the chromes are just right for the overall looks, but then again -- we are talking looks and aesthetics, so everyone's opinion is probably rather different.

There are a few comprehensive crash bars threads on this forum with a lot of pictures and opinions already. Check them out.

·
Registered
376 Posts
MC

Here is the MC on a Custom. A little more squared off look in comparison to Cobra. Easy install just be aware an OEM light bar would interfere if you are thinking about one.

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have the "Show Chrome/Big Bike Parts" guards on my Custom, here are some pics:

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is the MC on a Custom. A little more squared off look in comparison to Cobra. Easy install just be aware an OEM light bar would interfere if you are thinking about one.

[/URL][/IMG]
Thanks Blue, looks good. My brother has the cobra bars on his classic, it is nice to see a set on a custom.

Can you tell me how the bars attach up top? I know the bottom mounts to holes in the frame, is the top attached via supplied clamps?

Thanks,
truckie453

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
aaron,

Great looking bike, I actually wanted a black custom, but I ended up with a used red custom.

Are those 2 separate parts or one piece?

Thanks,
truckie453

I have the "Show Chrome/Big Bike Parts" guards on my Custom, here are some pics:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thanks!

They are 2 separate pieces, they bolt to the controls at the bottom and clamp to the frame at the top, surprisingly they are very sturdy. I am happy with them.

·
Registered
376 Posts
MC Engine Guard

The MC Engine Guard bolts into the frame at the top. Very simple install.

You do have to relocate the horn since it uses those holes. I changed the horn out to a Fiamme AM80 for more volume.

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
111 Posts
Where did you get the highway pegs in your gallery? I have the same engine guard and it seems to have an odd diameter...

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Maybe ... just dont drop it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
My first mod on my 2012 Custom SE was the crash bar....
I love the looks of it. I got the Kawasaki OEM one, and it took me all of 20 min to put it on.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Here is my 2010 SE Custom Tourer with Linby look-a-like.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
IMO the BEST looking crash bar on a 900 custom (whether you get the chrome or black one) is the Kawasaki Fire and Steel highway bar. I liked it so much I got one and actually adapted it to fit my classic! (You have to shim up the floorboards to make it fit)

It's has kind of a forward curve to it that makes it really flow nicely with the bike. You'll like having it for the protection, AND, if you do any long riding, you'll really appreciate putting some pegs on your highway bars. In addition to being able to stretch your legs, I find that propping my feet up on the highway pegs gets the blood flowing to my rear again, keeping me from getting numb.

Obviously mine is a classic but there's mine mounted on the bike.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Bar

Where did you get that bar at if you don't mind me asking?
Bar came from Calvary Customs(they are not available any longer) came Chrome, of course I couldn't have that. I am one of those guys that like the black on black on black with just a little chrome mixed in.:cool:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts