Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the Linby engine guards with the built in bent bar for a hiway peg? It looks like an ok idea but I see nearly none out on any bikes. I am a tall (6' 4") guy and I would like to stretch out on the road. I do plan to install Kuryakyn hiway pegs with the extended offset to the front, but I don't know how well this will work with the bar design.

Thanks for any thoughts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Has anyone tried the Linby engine guards with the built in bent bar for a hiway peg? It looks like an ok idea but I see nearly none out on any bikes. I am a tall (6' 4") guy and I would like to stretch out on the road. I do plan to install Kuryakyn hiway pegs with the extended offset to the front, but I don't know how well this will work with the bar design.

Thanks for any thoughts
Are you refering to something like this? My legs are a little short. If you are 6'4 I am sure it would suit your needs.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sure do appreciate the reply. One thing I am wondering about though, do the the bars come out too far to mount hiway pegs on the outside?
I was thinking of going with the Linby because it would give me an extra foot position built in, I would still install hiway pegs for full leg stretching. I am just worried about having too much width (it might be like doing the splits!)

Any thoughts are appreciated.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I sure do appreciate the reply. One thing I am wondering about though, do the the bars come out too far to mount hiway pegs on the outside?
I was thinking of going with the Linby because it would give me an extra foot position built in, I would still install hiway pegs for full leg stretching. I am just worried about having too much width (it might be like doing the splits!)

Any thoughts are appreciated.
I've got the Cobra bars with Kuryakyn small ISO pegs mounted. From the picture of the Linby bar above, I think the pipe just under the built in foot rest is at about the same width as my Cobra bars. Another way to say this is that the maximum distance from centerline of the boke on the Lindby bars appears to be similar to the Cobra bars. I am only 5' 10" tall (30" inseam) and I have no issues with the pegs being to far out on the Cobra bars.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have the Kawi engine guard with highway pegs mounted so I can have my heel on the floorboard and toe on the highway peg or stretch out on the pegs. This gives me 3 positions for my feet. As you can see on the pic the Kawi guard bends forward which makes it a full leg stretch for me, I'm 5' 11"

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those are great pictures. It is great to see the equipment in its natural setting.
I do like the curve of the Kawi bars.
I am having a tough time with this because I want the extra foot position of the linby, but I know that without actually sitting on an equipped bike, its hard to determine exactly what will feel right... every "body" is different.
Has anyone put hiway pegs on a linby engine guard? (does it work?)

·
Registered
451 Posts
I couldn't resist saying that after looking at Kendawg's pic, that the 900 classic is just a darn fine looking bike. Sleek and elegant, without being gaudy. IMHO :)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Because of the shape, you don't realize that it is not wider than other bars. It does have a better angle, so floor boards scrape on turns, rather than the bars.

People have attached pegs to them. Some cases to shorten the distance, others to lengthen. With a 30 inch inseam, I need to add some to shorten. Even thou I have a Mustang seat, which pushes you forward and inch or more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts