Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Day fine people. Anyone have leads on a good looking egnine guard for a 06 vn2000
thanks

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Cobra Fatty.... good looking and bigger size to go with the V2K
ditto! 1.5" fat looks good on this skoot. worth every penny. best mod.

had a minor scrape in the rain and laid it over. the bar did its job excellent. not a scratch on the bike. the bag did finally sit down and got a small cherry.

·
Registered
616 Posts
crash bar

Im with Annie & Ponch, the COBRA fatty freeway bar is the strongest Ive seen for the V2K . It is a one piece bar rather then two piece like many others. Got mine from GM-CYCLES .com.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Quick true story, ridin along about 2 weeks ago with my buds when a big boxer jumps off the curb in front of my buddys bike he hits the dog at the shoulder or neck with his crash bar he was probably doing 45-50 mph he has the Cobra Fattys on his V2K it bent the bolts but the bar was fine. If he hadnt had it on or it was weaker probably would have torn up his leg really bad.... He drove thru it we stopped up the road to ck everything and no problems with the bike... The dog unfortunately didnt make it... Bulldozer

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
not so quick story. I hit a deer on my v2k two winters ago. holed up at the lake and riding 65miles into work each morn. 4am to avoid traffic. I dim my lights for oncoming car and a deer came out of ditch otherside and crossed in front. By time it was in my lane and I saw it... maybe 50ft? I prepared as best you can in <1 second for a center punch as am not about to do evasive and eat a lot of ditch dirt. I did hit my rear brake only and went up over the back side of that (we grow em smaller here in tx) deer. The bike started sliding sideway and I let off the brake and straightend up. Rolling only to the next driveway, I stopped and inspected the bike. No damages, no marks (other than my shorts) no indication that anything happend. 4am, pitch black in the boonies, not a place to do further assesment. Finished the ride to work. Since then have moved to town and given up lake living.. er, commuting. Them deer are like teenagers texting. Not if but when. out, ponch

·
Registered
392 Posts
so the corba engine guard bar will bolt directly on my 08 Classic? with a neat factory-like look? I hate add on parts that look odd and goofy. give us a picture on the bar meeting the frame :)

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
If yours is a VN2000, I can say it will bolt directly up. I think it was this bike that required a slight relocation of the rectifier tho.....I I also put this bar on my VN1500 so I may be confused there... ).... but cobra sent along a new bracket to do that very simply.... so it was a matter of a few minutes to do overall.

here are a couple of pics of mine on my '09 V2K classic... the upper bracket and the lower....

Annie

so the corba engine guard bar will bolt directly on my 08 Classic? with a neat factory-like look? I hate add on parts that look odd and goofy. give us a picture on the bar meeting the frame :)

Attachments

·
Registered
392 Posts
cool annie,
we have the same bike. the engine guard looks nice and proper. I also see you have the national cycle windshield, because I can see the chrome lowers (part #70-N763A). cool.

I have the same windshield on the way from UPS, will get it Tues 3/01. I just assume your name is Annie and you are a girl who is slightly tall. Impressive for a gal to ride a VN2000. thx for the photos...

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
thanks... :)... and i didnt mean to get the big beast in particular for its size...it just fit. As I learned more about bikes and test rode a lot of them, this one just works great for me. It is a bit heavy, but I manage it just fine.

the natnl cycle windshield is actually not on the bike right now...but those are their lowers which work great to cut the buffetting. Actually I hate the windshield because it catches bugs like nobody's business. that little window you adjust down on the headlight housing collects bugs and dirty water and it is nearly impossible to clean.
I am not a nut about keeping the bike spotless but that is a terrible design flaw.

It is off the bike right now because I am having a larger piece of plexi cut to fit the entire front as one unit. It will fit up under the chrome all around.... so no more bugs under glass !!

Tall Annie yes... taller than average 6' 3" actually.....

cool annie,
we have the same bike. the engine guard looks nice and proper. I also see you have the national cycle windshield, because I can see the chrome lowers (part #70-N763A). cool.

I have the same windshield on the way from UPS, will get it Tues 3/01. I just assume your name is Annie and you are a girl who is slightly tall. Impressive for a gal to ride a VN2000. thx for the photos...

·
Registered
305 Posts
Here is one more vote for the Cobra Fatty bars. I attached the Kuryaken adjustable highway pegs which are awesome. Love the Bars, they look the best in my opinion due to the fact they are so fat on a big bike. Made for each other.:pig:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts