Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a Baron engine guard off of amazon,, what a mistake ! I opened the box,, and pieces rolled out of the box,, some rocket scientist rolled the parts up in tape and stuck it to the bars,, rather than put them in a small plastic bag. I am missing 3 chromed washers for installation. I called the manufacture and was told nothing they could do about it, then I called the supplier,, and still no return call ! I am on a limited income,, but I think I will box it back up, just cause their customer service stinks ! Hope this makes it thru any censoring, cause this is whats wrong with this country anymore,, just after the cash !! The heck with providing good customer service !

·
Registered
698 Posts
Don't you hate that! Missing parts in an online purchase - esp. when you had to pull things apart before installation. Return means you have to pay postage. Sucks.

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,849 Posts
You shouldn't have a problem with Amazon if your missing parts. Go on line and make the complaint and they will help you resolve it if the seller doesn't want to. I had a similar problem along time ago and got it resolved. you can also give the seller a bad review.

·
Registered
536 Posts
You shouldn't have a problem with Amazon if your missing parts. Go on line and make the complaint and they will help you resolve it if the seller doesn't want to. I had a similar problem along time ago and got it resolved. you can also give the seller a bad review.
Agreed...Amazon holds their sellers to a high standard. I just went through a deal on something damaged and Amazon was all over them. They only have a certain amount of time to respond to you or they are in hot water with Amazon. Once Amazon was involved our problem was solved immediately.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I have not spoken to Amazon yet,,, and of course I had to go to the hardware store and buy a handful of stainless steel washers,, good thing it wasn't anything of more importance ! It is installed,, but I sure would have thought the manufacturer would have had a little more concern for their customers ! And since I am on a limited income,, sending it back would have been futile ! Thank goodness it was only washers that were missing ! I just figure folks should know about how this manufacturer's customer service dept. handles things when a problem arises ! The first call I made,, I was told nothing could be done,, go to Sears and buy some chromed washers ! When I got home later that night,, FYI they close at 5:00 pm PST,, and I called a couple of minutes till 8:00 EST,, meaning it was 4:00 their time,, nobody there to answer the phone !! When they are out of business in a year or so,, I will not be surprised !!

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Sorry to hear about your bad customer service experience. It always shocks me when companies will hold their customers in such low regard.

Did you install the Baron engine guard on a 900 Classic or Custom? I got one recently for my '09 custom, but had to remove it because there's no room for me to up shift because the guard is way too close. Even adjusting the shifter didn't help.

I was told that possibly switching to floorboards might help, and I am considering mini floorboards. If you installed this on a Classic, is the guard located under the floorboards?

·
Registered
536 Posts
I would take the few minutes to send an email to Amazon or give them a call about the problem. Amazon has their reputation on the line for their outside vendors and will hold them accountable for this stuff. No complaint and nobody ever knows. I was amazed at how Amazon stepped in and made it work out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Abelour 16,, Mine is a 2008 900 Vulcan classic LT series,,, I would never swap out my floor boards for someone else's product,, why spend the extra $$ I have clearance,, but I am glad the backs are hydraulic disc's,, cause if it was the old cable stlye,, I would be mashing the brake peddle into the engine guard

FYI,,, The company I bought the engine guard from e mailed me and told me they would send a prepaid mailing sheet,,, but since I have the guard mounted,, and all I wanted was 3 washers,,, OH WELL !!!! Later All !!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts