Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Once the 900 is marbled you're left with a bunch of hoses that are no longer needed. I took marbling one step further. I got 6 bypass caps (5/8") from the auto store and removed the hoses from the airbox, air valve and cylinders. A 1" piece of small vacuum line is needed to hold the air valve on it's bracket. Don't disconnect and remove the valve - it will set a fault.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That looks really clean man! I didn't do the marble on my bike because I like the popping so I can't do this, but anyone that has marbled their bike should do this.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine still pops sometimes and it doesn't bother me. Barely noticeable in the top picture is the relocated air inlet boot and I'm running a 60ppi Unifoam filter in place of the stock breather w/Fi2000r w/debaffled pipes. There's actually room under the tank to clean things now.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sorry to change the subject but I really like that Air Cleaner mod, is that purchased or did you make it yourself? Don't think I've seen that before. I've always thought the 900 air cleaner could use a little more style.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry to change the subject but I really like that Air Cleaner mod, is that purchased or did you make it yourself? Don't think I've seen that before. I've always thought the 900 air cleaner could use a little more style.
HD Slotted Air Cleaner Cover, $55. 5-minute install time.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It's a Harley Davidson part? Can u maybe send me a PM with more info on it? I did a quick search and couldn't find anything. Thanks.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Twins: I didn't keep my receipt but I found a thread from 2008 in which someone posted the part number, p/n 32130-04. I have a local hd stealer and had them look it up when I got mine 2 years ago. Unless something had changed you won't find it online for some reason.

The cover is 2 piece: black dish backing (to make it look functional) and the chrome cover. A single bolt/nut attaches it to the OEM cover and it covers those bumpy things perfectly. Use a nyloc nut or locktite so the nut won't come off and get sucked in the throttle body.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts