Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody here owned/ridden both these bikes? I "love" the looks of the KZ400, but wonder how they ride and cruise? Also curious about maintenance, dependability, etc.? :D

·
Registered
193 Posts
I only have a 500 ltd. You are comparing fairly recent cruiser to an old school standard. The en500 is liquid cooled and pretty trouble free. I assume the kz400 is pretty much like the other old standards. btw, what part of SW MO? I am south of Joplin.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
+1 to what you said. The kz's just look so cool, and according to the specs, they top out at approx. 100 mph, which is about what an EN500 will do. Don't know how they would fare on a 150 mile ride, compared to the 500. Right now I'm just reading about them and may or may not buy one....depends on a "lot" of things. :) I am located a few miles west of Springfield.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I used to own a 70's something KZ400. I really liked that bike. It wasn't really made for long rides, I rode it to Indianapolis which is a little over 70 miles from here and my butt and hands were numb. I wouldn't mind having another for tooling around on for fun though. I'm not familiar with the other bike you are referring to so I can't make much of a comparison. I do love the old bikes!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used to own a 70's something KZ400. I really liked that bike. It wasn't really made for long rides, I rode it to Indianapolis which is a little over 70 miles from here and my butt and hands were numb. I wouldn't mind having another for tooling around on for fun though. I'm not familiar with the other bike you are referring to so I can't make much of a comparison. I do love the old bikes!
Thanks for the reply. My general riding habits are one day trips, maybe a couple hundred miles round trip. Looking at the older bikes, I know I don't "need" one, but if a great deal comes along, I'll probably take the plunge! Like you say, just to have a cool bike to tool around on. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts