Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

En500 seat options?

4K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  DKC 
#1 ·
Okay, so I'm looking for options for a seat swap on my '08 en500. I only ride 1up on this bike, and I'm looking for a nice single seat. I somewhat like the factory seat, but wouldn't mind something a little wider and with a bit more cushion.

I've had a ton of various bikes, and I'm really not a fan of the typical bobber single seats with the spring mounting and so on for this application.

I'm planning on using this bike as a daily rider for both fun and work, which means sometimes 600 plus miles in a day.

Does anyone know of a source for aftermarket seats or of any seats from other bikes that cross over pretty easily?

#3 · (Edited)
Reactions: longbeachgary
#4 ·
Thanks Bill! I'll definitely have to hunt around for that writeup, or could you post a link if its not too much trouble?

One thought here... From reading some of your other posts, is your bike an earlier generation than my '08? Does that effect the seat mounting at all?

Just trying to plan ahead while my leg heals. Will also have some handlebar and fuel tank questions, but maybe best if each had their own thread so as not to get confused?

#5 ·
#6 ·
Very nice writeup there. Thank you for the link! A quick search of eBay, c-list, OfferUp, and Letgo give me nothing in terms of an OEM seat. EBay had some aftermarket seats, but I'm not sure about them. I'm on a shoestring budget, so I'll just have to wait for the right part to show up.

I have some other repairs to make already, so money is definitely going to be tight.... But then again, isn't it always?

#7 ·
Anyone know if a seat for an 02-04 1500 (didnt specify which variant) can be nodded like the one shown from the 800s? I have a chance at a decent looking single seat for super cheap (see attached pic). Even if it won't work, I might pick it up just to resell later.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.