Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI there! I blew a fuse on my EN500 and when replacing it, I realized there are only 4 fuses installed, but several other slots. Does anyone know what the correct fuse layout is for a 1996 EN500? While I'm changing fuses, I might as well replace any missing ones.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Does something not work?
There might not have ever been fuses in those slots.

·
Super Moderator
5,343 Posts
Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. Here is a link to download the factory repair manual to help with the fuses. Also a link to an OEM parts supplier with diagrams. As Vulcandoc states there may be some slots intentionally left vacant. Thanks again for becoming a member. Be well and Ride Safely.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does something not work?
There might not have ever been fuses in those slots.
The high beams have never worked, only normal headlights. I was already going to replace the 4 that are in there, but wondered if there might be another one to control the high beams. I haven't noticed that anything else isn't working, but I also have only known the bike as-is since I got it...there could be something else missing, too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. Here is a link to download the factory repair manual to help with the fuses. Also a link to an OEM parts supplier with diagrams. As Vulcandoc states there may be some slots intentionally left vacant. Thanks again for becoming a member. Be well and Ride Safely.

I was looking at the manual (pg 138) but couldn't see anything about the actual fuse layout. It says to refer to the fuse box cover. Being an older bike, that cover diagram has worn off.

·
Super Moderator
5,343 Posts
Hi Sarge. Would suggest starting a new post in the 500 Model Section so other members who have your model will help. Ask if somebody could post a picture of the fuse diagram. Probably be the easiest way to get the information.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts