Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI there! I blew a fuse on my EN500 and when replacing it, I realized there are only 4 fuses installed, but several other slots. Does anyone know what the correct fuse layout is for a 1996 EN500? While I'm changing fuses, I might as well replace any missing ones. The manual says to refer to the diagram on the inside cover of the fuse box, but that has worn away. Does anyone have a picture of that diagram so I can make sure I have all the right fuses in places?

·
Registered
45 Posts
ALL fuses in the junction box are 10A red. There are two NON electrically circuited slots to hold one (1) 30A green and one (1) 10A red spare fuse. The circuited 30A fuse is located on the starter solenoid.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ALL fuses in the junction box are 10A red. There are two NON electrically circuited slots to hold one (1) 30A green and one (1) 10A red spare fuse. The circuited 30A fuse is located on the starter solenoid.
This is really good to know. It may be why the fuse blew in the first place. I'll change them all out. There should be a total of 4 installed, correct?

·
Registered
45 Posts
There are four (4) circuited fuses. Each one is a 10A fuse (red color). You can see the fuse holder contacts in the fuse socket.
Gas Auto part Font Metal Rectangle

There are two slots without contacts where the spare fuses are held.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are four (4) circuited fuses. Each one is a 10A fuse (red color). You can see the fuse holder contacts in the fuse socket.
View attachment 251835
View attachment 251835
Thank you for sending this. The lid is missing on mine. This is exactly what I needed.
Automotive tire Hood Bumper Automotive exterior Motor vehicle

·
Registered
45 Posts
Without additional accessories installed on your bike the higher current fuses could cause serious damage to your bike.
Also you can find a junction box on ebay ( the pic I sent you came from there ) and the lid will have the fuse layout

1 - 6 of 6 Posts