Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to make all the turn signals flash together?

I rode in a bad fog the other day. For about 20 miles is was me and the 30ft of pavement around me. I was scared of going to fast and hitting someone who was stopped or had just pulled out. And I was scared that someone would run me over from behind if I went to slow. Got to thinking that the backside could be lit up better in situations like this if I could turn all my signals to flash continuously. Of course, the bike doesn't do that with the standard setup. Thus my question. Hopefully someone has thought of a way to do this. I know the H-Ds can do it. But I think they have a switch for each signal. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You know, I should have know Gadget would have something on this. I am going to look at the SM3 too. Thanks for the advise.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The Kisan SM3 signal minder gives you the option for flashers or parade mode (back and forth).

https://www.kisantech.com/index.php?cat_id=4
Just installed it on my LT. Works pretty good. You have to install some springs in the turn signal switch (provided with kit) to enable the 4-way function. I didn't use them and still got the 4-way by manipulating the turn signal switch while pushing in[cancelling] between the instructed 4 flicks to the right. Sounds complicated but just takes some fancy thumb action. If I can ever figure out the spring thing it would be simpler.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Iv'e just installed the Kisan signal minder. I used the foam plugs to mod the hanldebar switch. I ended up cutting one of the plugs into about 3 equal pieces and using 1 piece on each side of the back side of the switch. Like they show on page 29 of the book that came with the SM3 flasher.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I got my SM 3 off ebay. It came with 2 sets of springs neither of which were foam. Kisan website sells replacement metal springs but not the foam. I'm scrounging though the house seeing if I can fashion something that will work.

·
Registered
34 Posts
If you can find some foam ear plugs you can use them, they are about the same things as the plugs that came with the sm3

·
Registered
976 Posts
I'd check that suggestion. I've gotten a couple of old ear plugs that crumbled when I went to put them in. That foam doesn't stay good forever.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts