Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Before I go deeper has anyone had problems with a VN800 electrics. Since bringing her out after the winter after a 30mile ride when I turned on the indicators I shorted out and the bike stopped, then after about 30 secs she came back to life until I used the indicators again. This only happens after I exceed 20 min of riding, I cleaned the indicator switches/connections and all appeared ok, until last night in the rain, this time when she cut out I found if I turned main beam off she sprung back to life.

Again I Left her for 15 minutes and all ok again, going to strip and clean the light switch and possibly the ignition switch, to me sound like water or damp getting in she is 2003 and on the same switches. But then it could be a faulty earth or module, any thought people

Karl

·
Registered
11,756 Posts
I recommend that you do nothing until the issue is narrowed down for fear of introducing another problem, and then the REAL tail chasing begins.
Do you have a meter and know how to use it?
No meter, we can help there too.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
I recommend that you do nothing until the issue is narrowed down for fear of introducing another problem, and then the REAL tail chasing begins.
Do you have a meter and know how to use it?
No meter, we can help there too.
Congratulations to sfair for his 11,000 post. Mostly helping fellow motorcyclests solve their problems. I admire his willingness to get involved. This form wouldn't be as great without his contributions. Many thanks.

·
Registered
11,756 Posts
Congratulations to sfair for his 11,000 post. Mostly helping fellow motorcyclests solve their problems. I admire his willingness to get involved. This form wouldn't be as great without his contributions. Many thanks.
Thank you very much.
It can be time consuming at times, but if I can pass along a skill, some knowledge or be of assistance, it is worth it!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Congrats on 11,000 !!

Talk about pearls! I'm his biggest swine! Everytime I visit this board I'm on the lookout for posts by sfair because I know that he is sharing some excellent knowledge. Lets all hope he continues for as long as we may ride!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts