Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have got a short that is driving me crazy. I thought I had it sorted after I cleaned up some wiring but it has returned. The 10amp acc fuse is blowing when I brake. It is OK under normal running. However, If I take my bags out of the loop, the circuit is OK. My hard bags have lights and an LED strip that are spliced into the running lamp. The trunk also has a running lamp and brake light but those are ok as long as the bags are not on. I have tried it with one bag at a time. Both with and without its LED strip but the fuse still blows. As long as both bags are off, the fuse is fine. Also if the bags are on, but not using the brake, the fuse is fine. Also, the fuse does not blow immediately. It is usually with in 5-10 sec but sometimes just a little longer. Could it be just a load issue. Could I use a 15amp and be OK. Is there another place I could run the lights to lighten the load

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like I have determined it is a load issue. I ran the bags straight to the battery and had no issues.. I also tested the circuit using a 15amp fuse instead of 10 and it also did not blow. This would lead me to believe it is not a grounding issue since the 15a would have blown as wel...wouldnt it... Can I get away with using the 15a on that line

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats right.. the 10a acc fuse is blowing when i apply the brake. i do think its a load issue. this also started after i changed the bulbs to the light bar.. i believe they are the 110w bulbs..so that may be my problem altogether. i havent put the originals back in.. i'll see what happens there

·
Registered
11,756 Posts
Your bags are wired into what circuit?

Do not increase size of fuse. It is there to protect against fire!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like a load issue i guess. I believe the light bar is on the front acc in the HL bucket. I like having it on regardless of low or high beam. I switched back to my original lamps and it is not blowing. I looked at the blue ones I had in there and they also say 55w so I dont know why those would trip it and not the basic white ones. I may need to switch the light bar to low beam and put the voltmeter on the acc line

·
Registered
11,756 Posts
Still something not right there.
If you put on your brakes and acc fuse blows, something amiss. They are two separate circuits.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
to make sure we are talking about the same thing and I am giving the right info.. The fuse that is blowing is the second one ffrom the bottom left shown here...

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts