Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Proud owner of a used/new to me 2007 Vulcan 1600 Classic! Love the bike but i have a tech question. When I was riding it yesterday I couldn't get the horn to blow. I got the bike home and found out that the horn works if the bike is revved. The previous owner put a battery in the bike 6 months ago and my tender says that the battery is fine. The bike starts right up and there isn't they typical starting issue that comes with a bad battery. I need some advice please!

Thanks.

Brock

·
BOTM Winner, October 2016
537 Posts
Clean the horn and battery terminals, look for any frayed wires. Take apart the handlebar enclosure and clean contracts. Apply dialectic greese.
Water gets to exposed contacts over time causing gremlins. Just need a little maintenance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hey guys! Proud owner of a used/new to me 2007 Vulcan 1600 Classic! Love the bike but i have a tech question. When I was riding it yesterday I couldn't get the horn to blow. I got the bike home and found out that the horn works if the bike is revved. The previous owner put a battery in the bike 6 months ago and my tender says that the battery is fine. The bike starts right up and there isn't they typical starting issue that comes with a bad battery. I need some advice please!

Thanks.

Brock
Check wiring conections,make sure they are solid,ground clean,red tight?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts