Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went out to go for a long cruise on my 2005 VN2000 Ltd, hit the starter button and nothing. Check the kill switch, neutral, stand up, grips in... nothing. I've checked the connector running to the electrical in the handle and there appears to be no power going to it. From what I can tell it runs straight back to pick up the ignition coils and then right into the ECU. Am I missing something here or do I have a dead ECU? But everything else has power? I did happen to arc the solenoid or something when I was replacing all the fuses and the starter wound over for half a second so that eliminates a few things. Dear god please help I want to ride lol I have cobra long shots, Kuriyakan hypercharger-r and a cobra 2000fi chip.

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,906 Posts
Sure the battery is not dead?

There can be enough juice to power the lights, but not enough to even try to turn the motor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL come on man. The battery has tons of power it even blow the aftermarket horn strong. ALL other systems work. But as I said there is no power coming into the right grip. All fuses have been replaced, even that tricky one ontop of the solenoid. I was praying that was the problem but no go. Perhaps I could take that fuse out and see if it is getting power even?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did change the headlights 3 days before all this happened. But that connector you see in the diagram after the switches is inside the bucket, that is where I tested.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I did change the headlights 3 days before all this happened. But that connector you see in the diagram after the switches is inside the bucket, that is where I tested.

I had to by pass the white wire that goes to the ignition switch because it got fried at this connector bike lost electical power

good luck

·
BOTM Winner, October 2016
537 Posts
I had to replace my kill switch handlebar control. Left her out and when I got back a week later, water has settled inside the switch. Picked up a used one on e-bay, started right up. By the way, that water also took out my lower rectifier, had me guessing for weeks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts