Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have a 2009 vulcan 1700 classic lt with 17000 miles on it rode day rode for about 5 miles pulled into gas station when i lost all power and the relay start clinking the power come back as long as i don t hit start button battery is new have 12.8 in battery when i hit start button all i get is a clink then all power is gone but battery still has 12.8 volt while power is off .have checked all connection but still does same thing :confused:

·
Registered
281 Posts
i have a 2009 vulcan 1700 classic lt with 17000 miles on it rode day rode for about 5 miles pulled into gas station when i lost all power and the relay start clinking the power come back as long as i don t hit start button battery is new have 12.8 in battery when i hit start button all i get is a clink then all power is gone but battery still has 12.8 volt while power is off .have checked all connection but still does same thing :confused:
I had the same issue with my Vulcan 1500 classic. I almost got stuck in the FL Keys. Turned out my battery had a bad cell. The battery was only 6 months old. Take it out go to Autozone and have them load test it. I bet that is your problem and not the bike.

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts
I bet hockeynut is right. I've seen & had it happened more than once. The battery can have the correct voltage but as soon as it is put under a load, it's playing dead.

·
Registered
101 Posts
previous comments are probably correct. It's a matter of amperage not voltage. went through the same thing on an old VTX.
any parts store can "load test" your battery.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes that was the problem i hook another battery to the bike with jumper cables it slow turn over but its starting so to all the guys that left me info thanks alot

1 - 5 of 5 Posts