Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if someone can tell me the best way to hook up accessories. I installed a camera system and the DVR needs a switched wire. One option is to wire to the taillight but I found some wires under the seat and one set (white w/blue stripe and black w/orange strip no power bike on or off) and a single gray wire and with bike of shows 9volts with bike running 11volts even though battery shows 14volts. 馃 Any idea what these are for?

Registered
the taillight wire is rated only 10amp, find the accessory positive (+) leads and ground (-) leads on your bike, some models have (2) sets, 1 set inside the headlight bucket and 1 set either under the gas tank or under the seat or in the side cover, tap into those leads and run the (+) lead to a on/off switch maybe on your left side cover or on the handle bars, then from there to your accessory. and those (2) sets of accessory leads are (hot) on always but check to make sure, the accessory black w/orange strip should be your ground lead, check the white w/blue to see if its hot when bike is off

Registered
Thank you I found a source but sti wondering what that white w/blue stripe wire is for.
On my VN900, under the seat are 2 open connectors. 1 wire is blue&wht the other black&yellow. These are the unswitched accessory connectors. 1 pos, 1 neg. If you don't show power, check the fuse. I don't have access to a 650 service manual but it would surprise me if they changed their color scheme.

Registered
You need to install the accessory relay to activate the outlets. It's a bit of scam but you need it before you can connect any of the outlets under the seat or behind the headlight.
Part No.
27002-1086
There is a kit that cost twice as much that includes a steel bracket but it's difficult to find due to low stock numbers because it's Vulcan S specific.
The relay itself is used widely across other bikes so it's much easier to find and can easily be cable tied in place.
Acc. Outlet wires are coloured Black/Yellow and White/Blue to close a circuit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts