Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My battery died after only 3 months...I bought a new one and it died after 3 days.:confused: I was told it may be the rectifier or Stater...anyone else dealt with this or have any recommendations. Very appreciative...

·
Registered
370 Posts
What year is your bike?

·
Registered
698 Posts
There are a lot of threads on stator problems. Basically your battery isn't being charged as you ride although a drained new battery in 3 days is pretty quick. Is it being constantly ridden or mostly just parked? Sure there isn't a short draining the battery somewhere?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't have a meter. The battery isn't being charged by the bike�� It's a 2008 VN900 CLASSIC LT. It's an everyday rider. If there is a short in, then it just popped up out of nowhere.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Its most likely the stator since the 06, 07, and 08's are famous for this problem. Read this link and go thru the tests since you can't diagnose this problem until you do. You can get a multi-meter to test this fairly cheap (like $7) on Amazon or any auto parts store. Rick's stator ($150) is the best replacement so search here for more info. You need to read this thread thoroughly or you will waste a lot of time. http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24679

·
Registered
370 Posts
IF you have a harbor freight by you search out a coupon for a free volt meter it isnt the most accurate but for free it is a great tool to have around

·
Living The Dream
1,512 Posts
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000JFNURG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I actually carry one of these on the bike, it's the size of a calculator. I blew an accessory fuse on the road one time and figured it was a good idea. How accurate does it really need to be to check for continuity and 12v where needed? Going to order one for my 2nd bike as well. Why not for $10 piece of mind?

Oh yeah, and I haven't had any stator issues as of yet. Knock on wood!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts