Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a friendly reminder to all you Obama haters to get out and vote today. Time for some change in this country!!! You can't complain if you don't vote...

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
You forgot to mention that due to daylight savings time, republicans are supposed to vote today and they moved election day for democrats back until tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
Here's a theory for you:

Political Parties want you voting emotionally rather than intellectually.

If you vote with your emotions, you're easier to control. Suppose you're with a group of people and you're trying to sway them to your side. The easiest way to do this is to convince them you have a common enemy. Having only two groups to chose from makes this easier. There's no thinking involved, merely a choice. This is why we see so many 'Hate' ads. They work. They control you.

If you vote with your brain, you're thinking about the issues and you're holding the politician responsible for their actions. You're no longer controllable. Now, you have the power.

It's a theory. I should apply for a government grant to expand on it.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Here's a theory for you:

Political Parties want you voting emotionally rather than intellectually.

If you vote with your emotions, you're easier to control. Suppose you're with a group of people and you're trying to sway them to your side. The easiest way to do this is to convince them you have a common enemy. Having only two groups to chose from makes this easier. There's no thinking involved, merely a choice. This is why we see so many 'Hate' ads. They work. They control you.

If you vote with your brain, you're thinking about the issues and you're holding the politician responsible for their actions. You're no longer controllable. Now, you have the power.

It's a theory. I should apply for a government grant to expand on it.
Absolutely correct.
Sorry, no grant money for you.:p

I prefer to vote on issues.
Sometimes a candidates character is SO bad it has to come into consideration.

But, rhetoric, finger pointing, wedge issues, and fear mongering has RUINED both major parties.

They spend so much time trying to make you vote AGAINST the other guy; they don't have time to do anything worthwhile enough to make you vote FOR them.

SICK of em all!

Scott

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
Absolutely correct.
Sorry, no grant money for you.:p

I prefer to vote on issues.
Sometimes a candidates character is SO bad it has to come into consideration.

But, rhetoric, finger pointing, wedge issues, and fear mongering has RUINED both major parties.

They spend so much time trying to make you vote AGAINST the other guy; they don't have time to do anything worthwhile enough to make you vote FOR them.

SICK of em all!

Scott
Sadly, I see no fix for it.

·
Banned
179 Posts
I am never swayed by the ads because it is just like both sides say the other guy is. They are both crooks on both sides so just pick the one you think will at least make sane decisions on the agenda for the people.

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
I am never swayed by the ads because it is just like both sides say the other guy is. They are both crooks on both sides so just pick the one you think will at least make sane decisions on the agenda for the people.
Isn't it sad that this is what the process boils down to?

Take the Florida governor election, for example.

We have Crist, who changed parties so often the last few years he really can't have put much thought into it.

We have Scott, and that whole medicare fraud thing.

I voted for Wylie. He didn't have a chance in hell - but I'm tired of voting the lessor of the two evils.

Color me Jaded.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Whenever I'm disgusted by both candidates....I write in Jimmy Buffett. I figure govrenment would be laid back and we'd at least get Margaritas.

·
Registered
754 Posts
There's 2 parties? Let's see..they all lie to get elected, they all raise taxes, they all spend our money, they all point the finger at each other. One party.
You'll never see a third party candidate become President, the electoral college makes sure of that. Sick of them all. But the sheeple keep believing the rhetoric spewing from their mouths.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
There's 2 parties? Let's see..they all lie to get elected, they all raise taxes, they all spend our money, they all point the finger at each other. One party.
You'll never see a third party candidate become President, the electoral college makes sure of that. Sick of them all. But the sheeple keep believing the rhetoric spewing from their mouths.
YES.
There are two parties.

There are differences in the parties too.

But, since anger and fear are better motivators than an analytical examination of the issues.
Our leaders spend more of their time poking the other guy in the eye than solving problems.

The similarities occur with campaign strategies and the low level of service they actually provide the public.

There isn't much hope of things getting better through the Govt.
Like Winston from 1984 said. "Hope lies in the proles"

But, really. People enjoy hating each other too much to give it up.
As long as Facebook is filled with all the "un-American libtard pu**y" and "greedy racist misanthropic conservative" B.S. posts; the politicians have us where they want us.

Scott

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Vote Odin

I may have found a solution.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
YES.
There are two parties.

There are differences in the parties too.

But, since anger and fear are better motivators than an analytical examination of the issues.
Our leaders spend more of their time poking the other guy in the eye than solving problems.

The similarities occur with campaign strategies and the low level of service they actually provide the public.

There isn't much hope of things getting better through the Govt.
Like Winston from 1984 said. "Hope lies in the proles"

But, really. People enjoy hating each other too much to give it up.
As long as Facebook is filled with all the "un-American libtard pu**y" and "greedy racist misanthropic conservative" B.S. posts; the politicians have us where they want us.

Scott
Ain't that the truth. Facebook is almost unbearable because of this. And you're right the politicians win. It's all smoke and mirrors.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts