Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
installing an electronic jet kit after placing a k&n air filter and some cobra shotgun pipes on my vulcan900 2019. Anyone familiar with the installation and settings? I will add my experience once inatalled.

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
I have a Voyager, so I can't suggest specific settings, but... Installation is easy. Just follow the instructions, including finding a temporary mounting point. Start with the settings recommended by Dobeck, except that I think they have the g/b set too high. I would reduce that some (for the Voyager, they recommend 6, I have run it as low as 1, but settled on 4) for better low end performance. Temporarily mount the control unit where you can see and adjust it and start riding. I'm not sure where the best place for this is on a 900. I have mine velcroed (permanent mount for me) to the right storage door on my fairing, but I originally had it zip tied to the chrome cover on top of the gas tank, with some soft cloth under it to prevent scratches.

The 2 color settings are the timing settings. Watch for when the light change while accelerating to see the when, then observe how it runs after that change. Adjust the fuel rate first, then the timing for best results. It will take several cycles of this to get it where you like it. I found that it was easier to get the correct settings riding up hill in mountains. I strongly recommend that you pull to the side of the road when making changes. I've seen people trying to adjust these things "on the fly" and nearly have accidents.

Adjust the low settings first, then mid, etc. Change one value at a time and get each level dialed in for amount (the single colors) and timing (the two color settings) before going to the next level up.

For the g/b setting, you will get better mpg with a higher Dobeck recommended setting, but I think it just performs better at a lower setting.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
install was easy af! currently using the settings suggested for the 2016 vulcan 900. has trouble starting gotta hold the start button down for it to crank on. any ideas what would cause this?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a Voyager, so I can't suggest specific settings, but... Installation is easy. Just follow the instructions, including finding a temporary mounting point. Start with the settings recommended by Dobeck, except that I think they have the g/b set too high. I would reduce that some (for the Voyager, they recommend 6, I have run it as low as 1, but settled on 4) for better low end performance. Temporarily mount the control unit where you can see and adjust it and start riding. I'm not sure where the best place for this is on a 900. I have mine velcroed (permanent mount for me) to the right storage door on my fairing, but I originally had it zip tied to the chrome cover on top of the gas tank, with some soft cloth under it to prevent scratches.

The 2 color settings are the timing settings. Watch for when the light change while accelerating to see the when, then observe how it runs after that change. Adjust the fuel rate first, then the timing for best results. It will take several cycles of this to get it where you like it. I found that it was easier to get the correct settings riding up hill in mountains. I strongly recommend that you pull to the side of the road when making changes. I've seen people trying to adjust these things "on the fly" and nearly have accidents.

Adjust the low settings first, then mid, etc. Change one value at a time and get each level dialed in for amount (the single colors) and timing (the two color settings) before going to the next level up.

For the g/b setting, you will get better mpg with a higher Dobeck recommended setting, but I think it just performs better at a lower setting.
got it installed like a breeze yesterday. i thought at forst this morning my battery was dead, but its just stubborn when starting now. gonna have to figure that out

1 - 4 of 4 Posts