Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I decided to buy an EJK from Dobeck Performance for my 2015 Vulcan 900 Custom SE. The only mods I have right now are a k and n air filter, stage 1 debaffle and marbled due to back fire. Any tips on setting the EJK up?

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
My suggestion is to get your ECU flashed by Ivan's Performance. Not just fuel but all engine parameters. Ivan has done all the work. Just plug an go.

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
Dobeck should have some recommended starting settings for your model bike on their web site. The initial setting assume stage 1 mods have been done. From there, you have to determine what works best for your bike and riding style. Start with the low end fuel then timing (green then green-blue) and work your way up to the full throttle end (red then red-blue). It helps to have it mounted where you can see it, at least temporarily. After you get it dialed in, you can move it to a permanent location.

For the B-G setting, having a higher setting (6 for a 900), like Dobeck recommends, will result in better gas mileage in the low throttle range, but a lot of folks seem to prefer that it kick in earlier around a setting of 1 - 3 regardless of what it does to mpg.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback.

I've read up on Ivan's Performance and I'm sure he does a great job. My issue is, in the event that I change my pipes and/or intake, I'll have to pay for another ecu flash. And that's why I've gone the Dobeck route. I'll be able to tune it as I see fit.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
You do not have to pay again. He will re-flash if you change your config or if he updates the flash
Just pay for shipping

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did see if he updates his flash, he will upgrade for free, less shipping. But I recall reading somewhere that if I were to change my setup and needed a reflash, other than back to stock, I'd have to pay again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts