Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi was wondering looking at a used 900 and the guy selling it has aftermarket exhuast and i asked if he had the stage1 done he didnt know what i was asking so i told most guys change the pipes and add free flowing air cleaner and have the ECU flashed with a new map.He said he just changed the pipes can you just change pipes and not worry about it running lean because its the factory flash?Thanks

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
Yes. you can run aftermarket pipes. no issues.. really not much gain, except for sound.. once you change the air coming in, then YES, you will need to add a PC or FI2000

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was wondering kind of the same thing. Have about 250 miles on the bike now. At my age I really don’t need more speed/power but it would be nice to have a little bit more sound of the bike. Would like to put a better exhaust on it, but don’t really want to make any other nodes to the motor. Another concern is about messing up the 2 year warranty. :D

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Hi was wondering looking at a used 900 and the guy selling it has aftermarket exhuast and i asked if he had the stage1 done he didnt know what i was asking so i told most guys change the pipes and add free flowing air cleaner and have the ECU flashed with a new map.He said he just changed the pipes can you just change pipes and not worry about it running lean because its the factory flash?Thanks
No problem at all.

·
Registered
12 Posts
For a new ( 2015 or 2016 ) Vulcan 900 Custom..... Does anyone do Ivan's Flash ?

Ivan's Performance Products

I had been considering a new Yamaha Stryker previously. For that bike, everyone highly recommends the ECU Flash that Ivan does for it

Is the same case with the Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom ?

·
Registered
48 Posts
By what I've read the vulcan don't flash. And by reading if you don't change the air then it still works without a processor. But by my experience with my bike I can't say that changing the exhaust to some unknown system won't effect the mixture, but the stock pipes has cats in them... so yeah I'm thinking. Some of the ones ive seen to me resemble straights with baffles inside. I've tried tuning straights before without much success but not on my 9. On carb engines. So idk.
Good luck man.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I was wondering kind of the same thing. Have about 250 miles on the bike now. At my age I really don’t need more speed/power but it would be nice to have a little bit more sound of the bike. Would like to put a better exhaust on it, but don’t really want to make any other nodes to the motor. Another concern is about messing up the 2 year warranty. :D
Not sure about the warranty, when I bought mine used it came with Cobra 2-1s & 3 months left on the warranty.
Hope you plan to get out this weekend. Seattle is calling for 81 degrees on Monday.
Who does not like a little more power lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts