Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else experiencing an issue where the EFI (warmup idle) is staying engaged for long periods of time. Even after my bike is warmed up, if I turn it off for say 10 minutes and start it back up the EFI (high idle) stays on for a couple minutes?

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Aye, at times. It's just like the EFI cars... sometimes, if ya just blip the throttle, it will settle into a normal idle.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
What a coincidence! I was just going to make a thread. The last two days my idle hasn't been going into warm-up. I start the bike, wait for it to "idle down" and it doesn't happen. It appears(sounds like) it is already on regular idle. Should i turn the idle adjustment up?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me this week. had to give a little throttle twist to get into start up rev. Adjusting the idle sounds like a good idea, I'll try it and see.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Just another annoying quirk of the bike. It's been suggested that you can twist the throttle backward when starting and the idle be normal. Haven't tried it since I haven't looked in the service manual to see what could break if I repeatedly performed that act.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aye, at times. It's just like the EFI cars... sometimes, if ya just blip the throttle, it will settle into a normal idle.
Burping the throttle does little good other then to rev up the engine. I have tried burping the throttle several times and it does not help.

I took it to the Dealer I bought it from, but after watching his "mechanic" work, I doubt they will be able to fix or even know how to fix this.

I adjusted the idle screw but that leaves me with a warmed up idle to low.

I think I may need to take it in to a shop and have it Dyno tested and adjusted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts