Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever have their "Brain" shit out on em? I'm thinking mine gave up. 06 1600 Nomad, been running great, went on a decent ride, stopped to get gas, bike had trouble starting. It cranks finally and I get it in the garage. Next afternoon couldn't get it to start, changed fuel pump, plugs, unhooked cobra fi, nothing. Now after all that if I turn the key on it blows the ECU fuse. Anyone?

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chaged it cause I wasn't seeing, smelling fuel in the carb or coming out the plug holes. Only getting a slight trickle out of the pump when the fuel line was disconnected and I turned the key on.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I had an 06 classic that had a bared wire under the seat that would blow the main fuse every time I hit a bump in the road. I had to strip the bike down and follow wires until I found it. Ended up being on a corner going around the battery box to the ECU. Fixed it and put foam on the corner and never had another problem with it.

·
Registered
11,756 Posts
Chaged it cause I wasn't seeing, smelling fuel in the carb or coming out the plug holes.
1. ???? Your bike is fuel injected; what do you mean by carb and plug holes?
2. Did you do a fuel pressure and volume check on fuel pump?
3. Was replacement pump OEM?

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still has a carb, its why you a choke, and if you take off the air box and open the butterfly you can see gas shoot into it, if you pull the plugs you can look into the hole. No pressure test/ didn't know.

·
Registered
11,756 Posts
OK, something not right here:

1. All 2006 1600 Nomads were FI.
2. How many miles on it?
3. How long have you owned?
4. Was the fuel pump in tank or external
5. You even mention disconnecting Cobre FI.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Throttle body instead of carb, if that helps. Had it 7 yrs, pump is in tank, 70,000 miles

1 - 12 of 12 Posts