Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a local dyno shop that reprogramms stock ecu rather than fitting a power commander. The vn2000 is not listed on his computer but depending on the part number/ serial number on the ecu, he reckons he might still be able to do it. He had a bike in last week and when he searched it's numbers on the box it was listed as a jet ski ecu ?.
So is there anyone out there with a 2007 vn2000 who has there tank off that can take some pictures or supply the numbers visible on the ecu.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
If the tune doesn't work out or whatever, can the ECU be restored to original or are you stuck trying to find a replacement?

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
I looked into that before I got the Dynojet PC but, at least at the time, I think there was not an Ivan flash for the VN2K.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was doing some more spanner work on the beast so thought I would look for the ECU. For the life of me I couldn't find it, is it under the battery or something on a Vn2000.

·
Registered
893 Posts
It is around that area, here's a diagram 4 ya.
I find those drawings in partzilla and they are very helpful in finding part # and just an idea how all is put together.

Be careful b4 messing with the ECU, they are almost $800 (new)

I added a close up, the ECU is the one that looks like a piece of toast with some lettering on it in the middle-right side of 1st pic (21175/A), close up is 2nd pic where you can actually read the part # and 3rd pic is a reference to the battery.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
Has anyone checked with "Ivan" to see if he plans to add the V2K to the options? Sounds like he buys a bike to work on rather than "borrow" one...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is around that area, here's a diagram 4 ya.
I find those drawings in partzilla and they are very helpful in finding part # and just an idea how all is put together.

Be careful b4 messing with the ECU, they are almost $800 (new)

I added a close up, the ECU is the one that looks like a piece of toast with some lettering on it in the middle-right side of 1st pic (21175/A), close up is 2nd pic where you can actually read the part # and 3rd pic is a reference to the battery.

Hope this helps.
Thanks, I will have another look at the weekend

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wouldn't chance screwing up your ecu. To expensive. Cobra fi 2000r fuel controller has worked on mine vary well

·
Registered
203 Posts
Wouldn't chance screwing up your ecu. To expensive. Cobra fi 2000r fuel controller has worked on mine vary well
I ran a Cobra for a bit. Now running a PC5... It works, but I do not have a "proper" map. I will have to find a dyno and see what I can do to tune it. Or add bungs to the pipes and buy additional PC parts...

I would prefer to have the ECU programmed correctly. Less to go wrong.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's the problem maps are vary hard to find. Not a vary popular bike. Too big for most people. I've been satisfied with the cobra For the price and performance don't think you can beat it. Get it tuned on a dyno. Been told powercomanders are pain in the ass on kawasaki'scuz of hard to find maps. That's from local dealership.
Also you mite want to get the euro gears for the trans. Changes the gearing a lot

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Yeah, sorta got lucky with mine. There is a map for VN2K with V&H Powershots and Arlen Ness Big Sucker, which are what I have.

Presently still have the PC-III hooked up but it will be available in the not too distant future if anyone is interested. Going to a PC-V more or less just because I can, and want to play with Auto Tune. The PCIII is for 2008, not sure if it works with other years.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts