Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, a follow up on Shoodaben Engineering Vulcan S flash.
I Do Not advise getting this unless you want FABULOUS performance and Outrageous acceleration. This is how the KVS “shoodaben” from the factory. The Goblin pulls at every RPM. I have a “country” (read approximate) 0.3 mile stretch that from a dead start I would hit 90-92 before I slowed for a sharp curve and a bridge. Usually that’s where Goblin would start pulling weaker. Tried today and hit 100 and was still pulling strong.

I was a proponent of the Boosterplug but the flash beats it hands down and is only about $70 more. Plus it is even simpler to install. Get it done and Don’t tell your buddies hehehe.
I also replaced the tires, chain and sprockets and flushed the brake fluid. Word of warning( don't ask my dumb ass how I know) DO NOT allow either fluid reservoir to go dry ESPECIALLY if you have ABS. Also I found that a small bolt between the chain and top of the countershaft sprocket makes a world of difference after you CAREFULLY bend the lock washer down ALL the way around the nut
new shoes chain, sprocket and fluid flush.jpg

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S, 2020 Kawasaki Z900
631 Posts
Thank you for the review! I assume it is overall smoother in general such as off/on throttle? I am a firm believer that the only worthwhile way to increase modern motorcycle performance is with an ecu flash, everything else is just a minor help in comparison. The amount it can control is amazing, just the secondary throttle plate opening makes a huge difference since most are commanded not to open enough at full throttle and high rpm especially in higher gears thanks to emissions standards.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Is there a flash that will do what the booster plug installation does, take away the twichy throttle? Also what equipment do you need for a flash? Is there a way to backup factory settings before fash so that I can restore it if I dont like the new flash etc?

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there a flash that will do what the booster plug installation does, take away the twichy throttle? Also what equipment do you need for a flash? Is there a way to backup factory settings before fash so that I can restore it if I dont like the new flash etc?
Number you will LOVE the flash. yes you can undo it by sending it back to shoodaben or buying a used ECU off ebay. It will do as much as the Boosterplug for the twitchy throttle. personally the best cure is to change the gear ratio. If you have to ask what equipment you need then forget about it you will not be able to do it. Go to andcheck it out. For the price difference this is FAR superior to the Boosterplug. I ran the Boosterplug for years and this is better and only cost 30percent more Shoodaben Engineering

·
Registered
22 Posts
Number you will LOVE the flash. yes you can undo it by sending it back to shoodaben or buying a used ECU off ebay. It will do as much as the Boosterplug for the twitchy throttle. personally the best cure is to change the gear ratio. If you have to ask what equipment you need then forget about it you will not be able to do it. Go to andcheck it out. For the price difference this is FAR superior to the Boosterplug. I ran the Boosterplug for years and this is better and only cost 30percent more Shoodaben Engineering
Thank you, this really helps even though I was able to find it on google but the review from a member helps in making a decision. I see you sold your booster plug for $60 wish I had joined earlier would have been totally bought it

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S, 2020 Kawasaki Z900
631 Posts
This winter I may need to get this done and then when (if) the wife rides again she will be really surprised if I can hide the work being done while it's sent out. I really enjoy riding the KVS but just know that a simple flash would make a world of difference and you pretty much confirmed my expectations.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was very near getting a booster plug for this season but you've got me thinking about this instead. What was the turnaround time between sending the ECU off and getting it back?

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you, this really helps even though I was able to find it on google but the review from a member helps in making a decision. I see you sold your booster plug for $60 wish I had joined earlier would have been totally bought it
It is fine for what it is but for the $70 difference I gotta go with the Shoodaben flash

·
Registered
22 Posts
Do you by any chance know if he ships it to europe as well?
Instead of asking it here, why don't you ask the guy Steve who actually does the flashing.
The website is already mentioned

and the email is [email protected]

if I was you I would directly work with the flasher instead of depending on someone else to relay to and fro info.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts