Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, have a 2021 kvs650. Looking to see if anyone has done an ecu flash or power commander and what were your results?

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S, 2020 Kawasaki Z900
1,274 Posts
No matter the bike ecu flash will always yield better results and typically for around the same cost sometimes less. PC can only alter a few fuel parameters, flash can alter fuel maps per gear, secondary throttle valves, disable O2 from altering the new mixture, alter timing, fan turn on temperature, fuel cut off on deceleration to make on/off throttle smoothest possible, the list goes on. As for what to expect on a Vulcan s I can't say from experience but would bet the overall ride quality would improve with small gains throughout the entire range.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I've heard rumours that post 2020 ecu's are getting alot harder to crack.
It comes off the back of emissions regulators pressuring manufacturers, knowing how easy it is to overide an approved ECU tune making the standard pointless.

·
Registered
23 Posts
No, 2019. But email Steve at the company and he should be able to tell you if he can do it
I have a 2021 KVS and at one point considered Shoodaben because I was a new rider and also felt the throttle was super twitchy. I emailed Steve and he said he he could do 2021 models. 2 weeks later, I got used to riding the bike and I decided not to flash. It rides great just the way it is, even at low speeds.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a 2021 KVS and at one point considered Shoodaben because I was a new rider and also felt the throttle was super twitchy. I emailed Steve and he said he he could do 2021 models. 2 weeks later, I got used to riding the bike and I decided not to flash. It rides great just the way it is, even at low speeds.
You'll appreciate the flash even more now

·
Registered
15 Posts
Why is that?
Because the bike has more power, better throttle response. If you have a full aftermarket exhaust it no longer smells rich or shoots flames when off throttle. I get ECU tunes in pretty much every vehicle I own. Both of my current motorcycles have them as well as both of my trucks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Because the bike has more power, better throttle response. If you have a full aftermarket exhaust it no longer smells rich or shoots flames when off throttle. I get ECU tunes in pretty much every vehicle I own. Both of my current motorcycles have them as well as both of my trucks.
I have looked at Shoodaben's chart and it's looks like an extra couple of HP...I don't think that will make a difference. As for better throttle response, I feel that the bike is pretty good already - I would really need to try a bike that has the ECU installed to be sold before I throw another $300 US at it for what seems to be very little gain for that amount of money.

I do have an aftermarket exhaust but Steve said it would do nothing for it...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts