Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Voyager 1700. I am putting the ECU back in today and I need to disconnect the O2 sensor. I don't have a shop manual. What is the best way to go about this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Just folle the cable from the sensor on the right exhaust. IIRC there is a plug ~ 15-20cm from the sensor, which can be disconnected easy.

Just unplug it - done !

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
138 Posts
i had to put a 02 eliminator on mine to stop the ecu going bonkers ,dont know if you will with the flash but they are cheap on flee bay

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Without an O2 sensor in the system the autotune cannot function correctly

Kawasaki (as with all other manufacturers) went to a lot of time & cost to develop an ecu that would fulfill all requirements, including emissions regulations - modern ecus are pretty sophisticated & can rapidly adjust to the majority of mods that we choose to fit - exhausts etc

All ecu's are set to a 14.7 Air/Fuel ratio to meet Emission regs - 13.8 generally gives the best overall performance

The simplest & least expensive power improver is *from my own personal experience) is the Magnum Dyna Boost - wjhich "spoofs" the air inlet temperature, effectively richening the fuel inject over the whole range closed to WOT & injects a millivolt signal into the O2 sensor that "spoofs" the ecu seeing 14.7, when infact it's closer to the 13.8

There's a single adjustment screw zero to 33 turns, so lots of adjustment - it can be dyno'd however, l found half a turn before every ride until I was more than happy with the performance

If not happy, just wind the screw back a turn or so until you are

Mine runs at 6 turns from zero

Fantastic 450klm ride today - 24-25klm/litre - mixed highway 120kph (more or less) country back roads etc

I also use Pulstar spark plugs

·
Registered
154 Posts
I reflashed my 2016 Voyager last year. I had to call Ivan to find out how/where to disconnect O2. You take off the two side panels on the front brake lever side of the bike under the driver seat. The plastic plug is there to disconnect the O2. I had to wrestle with it a bit but it came apart. I taped the exposed ends adn zip tied them so they would not move around. That worked fine. I did nothing else and after 7000 miles since the reflash, it just works great with no issues.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts