Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I really want a medium sized windshield for my 06 Vulcan 900 Classic. I found a few on ebay for around 65 dollars including shipping.

Are these windshield's worth it? Does anyone own one of these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SMOKE-TINTED-WINDSHIELD-For-Kawasaki-VULCAN-VN-750-800-900-1500-1600-1700-2000-/400271049949?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d320384dd&vxp=mtr#ht_3386wt_1165

or

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CLEAR-WINDSHIELD-for-Kawasaki-Cruiser-Vulcan-VN-500-750-800-900-1500-1600-2000-/120891978491?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c25b932fb&vxp=mtr#ht_2584wt_1165

I don't want to spend 300+ for one of the Kawasaki OEM windshields. So I am just looking for someone that owns one that can give me the ok. Or the don't do it.

And I was needing a set of saddlebags and these came to mind:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KAWASAKI-VULCAN-900-1500-1600-HARD-SADDLE-BAGS-TOUR-SET-/180550769512?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a09aa1b68&vxp=mtr#ht_3170wt_1165

·
Registered
152 Posts
i have the smoke tinted.
it looks small on the bike
but i put it back on today because it's cold out
was a nice ride
deflects the wind over your head
the tint is distracting
not needed
but for the price,
you can hear the bike
cuts the wind noise
i did 75 on the highway for 15 minutes or so and was happy!

·
Registered
224 Posts
depends on if your wanting a windshield that mounts to brackets or if a handlebar mounted windshield is what your after.Those $65 ones on ebay are handlebar mounted I believe.And there's nothing wrong with them,I used to have one before finding the large oem Kawasaki windshield with brackets for $130.00 I have now

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have the smoke tinted.
it looks small on the bike
but i put it back on today because it's cold out
was a nice ride
deflects the wind over your head
the tint is distracting
not needed
but for the price,
you can hear the bike
cuts the wind noise
i did 75 on the highway for 15 minutes or so and was happy!
So if you had a choice would you of just bought the clear? And would you of rather had a larger windshield?

Can you upload a picture of the windshield on your bike?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
depends on if your wanting a windshield that mounts to brackets or if a handlebar mounted windshield is what your after.Those $65 ones on ebay are handlebar mounted I believe.And there's nothing wrong with them,I used to have one before finding the large oem Kawasaki windshield with brackets for $130.00 I have now
How much larger is the OEM Kawasaki one than the ebay one? BTW that is a steal of a deal for the OEM one, I would buy any day of the week for 130 windshield and hardware.

I've never owned either windshield so I wouldn't really know the difference between handlebar mount and bracket mount. I would assume the bracket would be much more stable and firm. And the handlebar one would move around quite a bit.

If you hadn't gotten the OEM one, would you still be using the ebay one?

·
Registered
224 Posts
absolutley. There's alot of different shields on ebay....the one I had was on the bike when I bought it though.The handlebar mounted has two rods that connect the windshield to the clamps that go around the handlebars. It was pretty adjustable but was alot smaller than the oem kawasaki windshield. It took almost just as much of the wind off me as the oem one though and really helped with the wind noise(no earplugs needed due to windnoise) When I had the handlebar mounted one(I actually still have it) I decided one day to take it off.I rode down the road one mile,turned around and put it back on. The wind noise was so bad without earplugs or a fullfaced helmet and my eyes watered alot.Call it what you will,but I love having a windshield on my bike.I would still have the same one on there if I hadn't found this used oem one on ebay....it even had the vulcan emblem on it! Once you go to a windshield and see the difference it makes,you'll never go back.Some people don't have them to maintain the original/custom look or just plain don't like them.Ride someones bike with one and you'll see what I'm talking about.Good luck !

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
absolutley. There's alot of different shields on ebay....the one I had was on the bike when I bought it though.The handlebar mounted has two rods that connect the windshield to the clamps that go around the handlebars. It was pretty adjustable but was alot smaller than the oem kawasaki windshield. It took almost just as much of the wind off me as the oem one though and really helped with the wind noise(no earplugs needed due to windnoise) When I had the handlebar mounted one(I actually still have it) I decided one day to take it off.I rode down the road one mile,turned around and put it back on. The wind noise was so bad without earplugs or a fullfaced helmet and my eyes watered alot.Call it what you will,but I love having a windshield on my bike.I would still have the same one on there if I hadn't found this used oem one on ebay....it even had the vulcan emblem on it! Once you go to a windshield and see the difference it makes,you'll never go back.Some people don't have them to maintain the original/custom look or just plain don't like them.Ride someones bike with one and you'll see what I'm talking about.Good luck !
Thanks I appreciate your input, this is my bike I made this video about an hour ago. And yeah I think I will really enjoy a windshield this summer. I have still been wearing a full faced helmet since its still kinda cool outside. But I like wearing just the cap and sunglasses when I ride.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DImpm3KyyOg&feature=youtu.be

·
Registered
77 Posts
You sound like I was. Couldn't decide if I wanted a windshield or not and didn't want to put a lot of money into it. I got one of these shields. It works ok but I did have to make some lowers for it to get rid of some buffeting issues. Works fine for me though. Around 60 bucks.

http://www.t-motorsports.com/19-x-17...ld-windscreen/

They also have saddlebags for less than 100 bucks.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I guess I should have looked at the links you posted before I posted. LOL

That is the exact windshield I have. Like I said, it works ok for me, but I did end up making some lowers for it. About 15 bucks.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You sound like I was. Couldn't decide if I wanted a windshield or not and didn't want to put a lot of money into it. I got one of these shields. It works ok but I did have to make some lowers for it to get rid of some buffeting issues. Works fine for me though. Around 60 bucks.

http://www.t-motorsports.com/19-x-17...ld-windscreen/

They also have saddlebags for less than 100 bucks.
Thanks for the link, its seems broken though, I could not get it to open.

Yeah those saddlebags I posted from ebay, I like the set it had the saddlebags, handlebar bag, and sissy bar bag, all for 120.

I'm being a little cheap due to the fact I just bought a set of Meltzeler 880's and installing them will set me back for a little while.

·
Registered
77 Posts
i'm not sure why that link isn't working unless they are down for whatever reason this weekend. I'm pretty sure it's the same company on your ebay link however. I bought mine through amazon to get free freight but it actually came from the T-Motorsports company.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts