1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
370 Posts
It doesnt have to have a relay you can wire/solder resistors inline to slow the flash rate but the relay is only $20 and fixes flash rate for all of them

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have that exact one on my bike. 5k with it on and not a problem. You will however have to put resistors in to keep the blinkers slow. I did not and mine do the fast blink like when a bulb is burned out. I have just gotten used to the fast blink and don't plan on changing it. Also I have been told by other riders my turn signals are very hard to see on sunny days due to the smoked lens.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Is it possible to run this brakelight and the oem rear turn signals? I really just want an led brake light but this is very inexpensive.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd think the stock one's would still work, they'd just blink fast with the integrated LED.

I mainly want this thing just because I have a scratch on my chrome portion and the lense of my stock brake light, replacement stocker is $98, this one is $35. I might just buy it and use the housings but reuse the stock internals. I don't care about the LED so much as I need to clean cosmetics.

Grizz, would you happen to know the resistor value needed to slow things down to proper speed?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I added one of these to my bike. I believe I got it from Amazon. Not sure if that makes a difference. I left the stock turn signals connected and everything blinks at the proper speed.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have no clue what the value would be. I never added one. All you would have to do is put an voltage tester with an ohm meter on the stock turn signals and then compare it with the led turns and add the difference back in with resistors. Resistors can be purchased cheaply from Radioshack if you have one close to you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts