Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Life has been full of blessing and they won't stop coming, this is my Uncles old bike from his days as a youngin'. This is my first bike, so far I love the comfort and size. It is not heavy at all and the low center of gravity makes her easy to maneuver for my size 5'6" and 160lbs.

So far I have gathered she is a Vulcan 500 (correct me if i'm wrong), someone mentioned the color scheme may be from Mexico? She has 16,358 on the clock and has been sleeping in the garage for over 8 years! I've been doing some research and key things to do before I crank her dry, so far this is on my to do list::D
Change Fork seals and Re-Lube the Forks
Change Plugs (Any recommendations?)
Lube the Spline
Change the tires (They look good but can I rely on 8 year old Garaged Tires?)
Relocate the R/R
New Battery
Flush the fluids (coolant,oil,fuel)
Any recomendation on the Oil / coolant/ fuel to use?

Anything else I should add?:eek:

Well I'm excited and can't wait to get her all checked out and ready to ride, any tips or questions are welcome!

(Anybody else in AZ, west valley?)

·
Registered
894 Posts
Nice looking machine! I got my second bike from my uncle . . . Its nice to keep them in the family!

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Welcome!
Valve Adjustment.---they are critical on this motor.
Yeah, those tires look a bit dry rotted.

Enjoy the Vulcan and this forum!

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,919 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the forums.

Spiffy looking bike you got from your uncle.

I'd love to have something like that... turn into a project bike.

·
Registered
156 Posts
You can bet if those tires have been on it 8yrs they aren't safe especially for any speed over15mph and that might be scarey,

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Welcome from NE Texas!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the welcome's fellas! Currently working on a To-Do list (or To-Buy lol) . she may take me a month or two to get going since my money needs to be split for xmas and anniversary :/ . As long as I can ride her long before summer I'm good!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts