Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Bought some somewhat expensive earplugs at a NAPA auto parts store ($12), and WHAT A DIFFERENCE!! I can still hear my bluetooth headset and my VV stereo, but the wind noise is gone.

·
Registered
434 Posts
These are the ones I like to use, been using them at work for years and the tend to stay in my ears better. They must be good if some of the reviews on Amazon says it blocks their husbands snoring!
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Safety-310-1001-Classic-Earplug-200-Pairs/dp/B00065TQCW/ref=sr_1_2?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1335873942&sr=1-2[/ame]

·
Registered
98 Posts
I wear my ear plugs on just about every ride I take. I have done enough damage to my ears over the years as it is. Riding in firetruck and ambulances with the sirens screaming right over your head. I do a 100 mile round trip to work most days its nice enough to ride and i am exhausted after the ride as well as have a killer headache if I forget to wear them. This is what I use.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Moldex-6800-Pura-Fit-Disposable-Plugs/dp/B0015TBGR6/ref=sr_1_54?ie=UTF8&qid=1335970921&sr=8-54[/ame]

·
Registered
20 Posts
Actually, I use custom earplugs that are fit to my ears. I love riding and riding is my passion. I prefer to ride a bike instead of cars because I feel very well when I riding. But at the earlier time, I never thought about hearing protection because I don't care about it before. Then I felt a hearing loss for not wearing any safety devices and sometimes my ears are ringing, I think the problem is called tinnitus. Nowadays I very care about hearing protection. At the present time, I always use earplugs while riding because of the tinnitus problem, I always feel bad and I cannot feel joyful while riding.

I know my tinnitus problem cannot be cured but I can prevent it by using some safety devices like earplugs, ear muffs. I use the Bluetooth helmet as well for safety purpose. I think we need to use custom motorcycle earplugs for all riding lovers. I researched on google to find the cheap earplugs but I found a couple of them on https://clearlifehearing.com/earmolds-and-ear-plugs
and this one as well. I am looking for a new one because the old one I am using is not good. Could anyone give a proper idea which one will I get it?

·
Registered
24 Posts
When I previously rode in the early 2000's, I wore a full face (not modular, they were just coming out and expensive) and wore ear plugs because of wind noise. The bike was a 550 straight 4, barely a noise from it. I was surprised at how much wind noise there was with a full face helmet. I wear ear plugs every day all day working in manufacturing. I am the only person I know who did wear ear plugs on the motorcycle.

Coming back to motorcycles, I now have a big bike with a windshield, something I never experienced before. I also have a Bell Pit Boss helmet, so not a full face or modular. First rides I was surprised there was no wind noise. The rumble from the Vance and Hines on the 1500 V-Twin wasn't so bad for me sitting on the motorcycle. I've yet to bother with them as I have yet until this past weekend gotten dry enough weather to go for a decent length ride.

Then last weekend came and finally it wasn't raining. Got together with 2 buddies from work and went for a ride. I didn't have ear plugs and riding behind and offset in the lane of the Yamaha Roadstar of the one guy combined with the exhaust note of my bike and it was freakin loud! I will now start wearing ear plugs again.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Have a paid of custom fit musician ear plugs and they are AMAZING! I use them for concerts as I go to a lotnof festivals. I started using them when riding and they work great. They dont hurt your ears and you can hear everything. Intercom, music and road concerns. They only block out noise over a certain DB.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Zero00, do you have a particular brand you’d recommend? I’m interested in the kind of earplug that blocks the loud noise, but still allows you to hear the lower decibel stuff.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wear earpeace earplugs. Three different inserts that block different dbs. You get three earplugs (1 extra) and carry case $25. Still can hear traffic and Bluetooth.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I wear soft earplugs and buy them locally at a farm supply store. My hearing was damaged when I was in my 30's and now, 40 years later, I wear hearing aids. I ride without the aids and use the earplugs to eliminate the wind noise. I can hear the motor much better using earplugs.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
One of the many advantages of a well designed fairing and stock pipes is I don't need earplugs. At 80+ mph i get almost no wind noise. I can play the stereo at a reasonable level and I have no wind pressure trying to push me off the bike. The tire noise when driving my car is louder than my bike.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts