Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

e3 spark plugs

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  RB 32504 
#1 ·
any 1 out there tried out the e3 spark plugs on a Vulcan s? If so :unsure:where did you get them&What model did you use? Thanks

#5 ·
I agree with you on the NGK Iridium. You won't see a performance gain from the E3. Just save your money and replace with a good reliable NGK Iridium plug. I have them on all my other bikes from day one. My oldest bike is still running the same plug. My truck has 16 NGK Iridium and @ 119,800 mile they have not missed a lick. I pulled one plug about a month ago. Still looks like perfect and gap still on the money. I decided to leave them in and spent the $130 on something more important like motorcycle parts. lol

#9 ·
Hey JerryKVS-Have you ever tried this Castrol active motorcycle oil? I posted a post a couple days ago and nobody wants to reply......Again,my Curiosity....(y):cool:
I have not tried the Castrol Actevo
I do run the Power1 in my 1700 and it works fine no issues.

Power1 is full synthetic and Actevo is semi synthetic. I use Power1 because it is full synthetic and I run longer between oil changes (5 - 6000)
I don't think you would gone wrong with either
Like Jerry said any JASO MA-2 rated oil should work fine

#10 ·
I have not tried the Castrol Actevo
I do run the Power1 in my 1700 and it works fine no issues.

Power1 is full synthetic and Actevo is semi synthetic. I use Power1 because it is full synthetic and I run longer between oil changes (5 - 6000)
I don't think you would gone wrong with either
Like Jerry said any JASO MA-2 rated oil should work fine
Thanks,for some odd reason my 17 ol dog loves semi syn oils-What can say? Besides,the way anything p
etro related, price'$ have soared. So the Castrol was Cheap enough @ Walmart,like $under $7 a quart. So,to make a long story short, and as frequently as I change my oil, the price was right- & I really don't think I've got anything to lose. Just the same,Thanks for the advice:)(y):cool:

#12 ·
I put E3 plugs in my Vulcan 900 Classic three weeks ago, changed the air filter to K&N and sent my ECU to Ivan for reprogramming. I also have the E3 plugs in my 64 Plymouth Sport Fury. You notice the difference in a V8 more than the VTwin as far as increased power, but you should get cleaner burn which should add a little mpg, and E3 plugs should last longer. On my Sport Fury it bumped up my mpg by 1 to 11. LOL

#14 ·
I checked out the E3 website and had to laugh. Somebody comes out with this kind of nonsense every 10 yrs or so. Ring Fire, Split Fire, now diamond fire. They're marketing gimmicks, not improvements of any kind. Iridium might be the only exception. But they don't increase HP or mileage, they just last longer. Save your money and buy a good quality plug from a reputable manufacturer. Leave the marketing gimmicks to the teenagers who think they can get 200 miles per gallon by spraying water in their carbs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.