Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
That is to funny, I was about to post a DynoJet Commander 3 question as well! I have the 2006 Vulcan 1600 Classic, but it currently has the Cobra F1200 installed by the previous owner(s)...

I was looking at the Maps that are available at DynoJet and did not see anything for the Cobra Long Shot Pipes with a Stock Air Cleaner.
So I may have to look at the PC Software to see what i can conjure up!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assume the software is fairly straightforward. I've done auto tuning with piggybacks in the past (AEM FiC) but the butt dyno is only so accurate. My experience says you should do this on a dyno with a A/F sensor to get it truly correct. But I guess I've done a lot of carb jetting with the butt dyno and its faired fine.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've tuned a lot of cars myself and I can tell you that the Dynojet software is very straightforward. There is no timing module on these bikes so you are just dealing with fueling. That being said an dyno with a wideband would be the best way to go because otherwise you are just guessing.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Just found out the Classic I brought home last week (such a deal for $1200) has even more goodies on it, like a Power Commander III. I changed the baffles in the V&H Bigshots from straight through to Super Q, for a bit less noise. Not much less but a bit less harsh, still too friggin loud for my taste. It also has a Baron air intake.

So I may need to remap the Commander. Any suggestions for someone who mostly cruises steady throttle?

Also, Dynojet makes a map switch accessory for the PC III. Would that give me the option to switch between two map selections? Like maybe a "cruise" map and a "sport" map?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts