Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a Power Commander V on my 2011 Vulcan Nomad per instructions included in the box but I have no power to the unit. Any ideas??

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Yes connect your laptop to it via USB cable. With the loaptop on it will power up the PCV. If it doesn't then there must be something wrong with it. Then call the power commander guys.

You sure you connected all the wires correctly?
Also did you get PCV # 17-003 ?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Don't mean to high jack your thread but I'm having PCV/Autotune issues as well. Installed my PCV (17-033) and Autotune tonight. It doesn't appear the Autotune is working. I did enable it in the software and tapped into the Blue wire beside the battery as a switched power source. How can you tell the Autotune is working? In the bottom right hand corner of the software there is an icon "Autotune Running" and it is not doing anything. Help.

Frank

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Sorry I don't have a Autotune. Looks like you need to call tech support at PC.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just installed a Power Commander V on my 2011 Vulcan Nomad per instructions included in the box but I have no power to the unit. Any ideas??
17-033 is the unit with fuel and ignition
17-006 is the unit for fuel only

I didn't want you to be confused thinking you may have perhaps purchased the wrong PCV unit. Both of the above models work with the Nomad.

That said, as a previous poster indicated, hook up your laptop to the PCV and see if it powers up. If everything is O.K. in that regard, you can actually start the bike with your laptop connected and see that the PCV is reading RPMs and Throttle position. That will allow you to see that the wire taps you installed are picking up those pulses correctly. If that is working and the bike is running, you're probably fine. If in doubt, contact tech support.

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts