Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this on Amazon while looking for lighting items. Anyone ever see or hear of this performance chip that goes inline with the mass air flow sensor? Or is it snake oil?

Dyno-Boost Adjustable Fuel Controller Performance Chip Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Voyager

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Dyno-Boost-Adjustable-Controller-Performance-Kawasaki/dp/B004TYIQQI/ref=sr_1_133?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1412992379&sr=1-133&keywords=kawasaki+1700+voyager[/ame]

·
Registered
364 Posts
I saw this on Amazon while looking for lighting items. Anyone ever see or hear of this performance chip that goes inline with the mass air flow sensor? Or is it snake oil?

Dyno-Boost Adjustable Fuel Controller Performance Chip Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Voyager

http://www.amazon.com/Dyno-Boost-Adjustable-Controller-Performance-Kawasaki/dp/B004TYIQQI/ref=sr_1_133?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1412992379&sr=1-133&keywords=kawasaki+1700+voyager
Snake oil...most likely.

On the 1700 it would go in-line with the IAT (Intake Air Temp Sensor) and the theory is that it would fool the ECU into thinking that the incoming air is cooler than it really is so that it would richen the A/F ratio. It is just a cheap variable resistor potted in some compound, but it is not specific to our 1700. It is the same "chip" sold for everything, so whether the values you can adjust it to are proper for best results is a crap shoot.

You would likely get similar results relocating your IAT to a cooler location outside of the Air Box, and we know that some 1700 owners tried that with varying results, not all of which were good.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Not me, I haven't heard anything about it.

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
The problem with any controller or adjustable FI tuning that only richens the a/f ration is this....NOT ALL areas of throttle position/engine rpm range need to be richened, and not all of those areas that need to be richened will have to have the same increase in richness.

RACNRAY

1 - 4 of 4 Posts