Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a Dunlop American Elite installed on the VV. I got 6,175 miles out of the stock Bridgestone. Looking forward to see how the Dunlop performs.

Attachments

·
Registered
894 Posts
You got about 175 miles more than I did out of the stockers . . . I think it was DrG that just got 23,000 out of the E's Good Luck with them!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Napom,
It was DrG's comments that prompted me to look into the Dunlop further. I was initially going with the Commander II.

Frank

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Combat,
I too have installed the Elite's, and I've put about 1,000 miles on them so far; smooth ride and excellent handling so far. I put over 7,000 miles on the stock 'Stones, but I'm looking forward to the mileage that Dr. G is getting!

·
Registered
62 Posts
What size of E3's did you buy? Currently have an ME880 180/65 B 16 on the rear but want to try the E3 next change. After purchasing the Metz I read that they don't hold up very well on the heavier VV.

Thx.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
What size of E3's did you buy? Currently have an ME880 180/65 B 16 on the rear but want to try the E3 next change. After purchasing the Metz I read that they don't hold up very well on the heavier VV.
I bought the Dunlop American Elite (not the E3) in 180/65B/16.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought the 180/65. 15. I still have the stock Bridgestone on the front. Hopefully someone can reply about mixing bias and radial. The mechanic put 45 psi in it which I think is high. Thinking of dropping it to 40. What are others are running?

·
Registered
636 Posts
tire

I bought the 180/65. 15. I still have the stock Bridgestone on the front. Hopefully someone can reply about mixing bias and radial. The mechanic put 45 psi in it which I think is high. Thinking of dropping it to 40. What are others are running?
I hope you bought a 180 65 16 not 15. I run commander 2 and run 40 front and 41 rear. Believe it or not it rides smoother with those pressures than it does with less pressure.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have an American Elite 180/65/16 rear which I keep at 41 psi and an E3 oem size front with 34 psi on my 2009 Voyager. I am very pleased with the handling and wear of these tires so far. After 4000 miles, neither are showing any appreciable wear.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Tire wear

I got about 8,750 on the rear tire with the original Bridgestone. I haven't changed the front tire out yet but my 2011 Nomad has 10,180 on it now. Most of my riding is on the highway. Air pressure on the rear was 35 psi, front was 28 psi.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I got 7,100 on my OEM back tire, and 9,100 on the front. I'm about to turn over 14,000 on the bike, so that means I'm at almost 7,000 on the back Commander II, and almost 5,000 of the front. I still cannot tell you what kind of mileage I'm going to end up with, because neither tire is showing any appreciable wear yet. And I love the handling!

I highly recommend the Michelin Commander II tires so far,

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes I got the 180/65 16. I was replying on my phone and didn't catch the fat finger error. I was running 40 psi in the rear on the Bridgestone and liked it. Going to run the Dunlop the same. Running I think 40 in the front as well. The dealership always puts around 45 psi in the front and rear tires when I take it in to have anything done.

Frank

·
Registered
636 Posts
phone

Yes I got the 180/65 16. I was replying on my phone and didn't catch the fat finger error. I was running 40 psi in the rear on the Bridgestone and liked it. Going to run the Dunlop the same. Running I think 40 in the front as well. The dealership always puts around 45 psi in the front and rear tires when I take it in to have anything done.

Frank
I understand the fat finger phone thing lol !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts