Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here in MN we got the 5th largest snow storm in the states history. The official total at the airport is 17" but where I live we got 20". :eek: Along with the storm itself there were crazy winds that produced a blizzard warning here. Ended up plowing the driveway 4 times :beat-up: and have to go out in a bit to clear the drifted snow again. The snow banks from plowing are taller than me. :snowman:

Also our airport was closed AND the metrodome where our Vikings play collasped! The NY Giants were to play here today at noon but they are stranded in Kansas. They asked the NFL to move the game to Monday night and they agreed then the roof caved in so no one knows what will happen now.

·
hasbeen
258 Posts
I would have been happy to take half that snow, we were forecasted for ten inches and only got rain at 35 degrees. Vikings stadium is a dome right??? So I'm guessing the snow has to go away before they could raise the roof???

·
Registered
563 Posts
Rain instead of snow always sounds good to us here in Manitoba - that would mean its not -25 outside. I hear the game is moved to Detroit for Monday night. Meanwhile my son was scheduled to make a connecting flight in Minneapolis today, so far it is only delayed for 4 hours - what a way to spend his birthday - sitting in airports

·
Registered
684 Posts
I got to ride today :) It turned into a beautiful 54 degrees and sunny today in southern Idaho, and the roads finally melted and dried enough to get from my garage to the main roads.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Got out for a little bit today also. Finished puttin' up the Christmas decorations and checked the temp. which was a brisk 37*. So i rolled the 900 Classic LT outta the garage and took it for a spin around the lake. We don't get as much snow as most of you out there, maybe 3 or 4 days out of the year we have snow days and that's it. Stay warm everybody...:cool:

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Thankfully, we didn't get as much snow as you did, got some and the wind drifted it around a bit, but not bad. I did wake up to -20°F this morning though... pretty chilly.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Minnesota

Here in MN we got the 5th largest snow storm in the states history. The official total at the airport is 17" but where I live we got 20". :eek: Along with the storm itself there were crazy winds that produced a blizzard warning here. Ended up plowing the driveway 4 times :beat-up: and have to go out in a bit to clear the drifted snow again. The snow banks from plowing are taller than me. :snowman:

Also our airport was closed AND the metrodome where our Vikings play collasped! The NY Giants were to play here today at noon but they are stranded in Kansas. They asked the NFL to move the game to Monday night and they agreed then the roof caved in so no one knows what will happen now.
Hi Nomad, I spent a year in Proctor, Mn bout 20 years ago and was glad to get back to Texas. Had a nice ride Saturday and hopefully tomorrow afternoon.... Hang in there:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts