Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to think I was stupid,but lately experiencing how the majority of people drive,both cars and bikes,I've now decided that I actually must be a genius in comparison0:)

When I'm slowing down to turn into my driveway after todays ride,I have to wait for an oncoming car to go by first,according to my understanding of the laws of physics:nerd:.So,instead of the car behind me waiting the entire second extra,this dipshyte almost sideswipes me and is halfway in the ditch to pass me on the right...Ooooookaaaay

On my ride last week,I'd been cruising steady down a typical 2 lane road for a while,noticed a dude on a harley waiting for his girl to hop on at a gas station as I pass by them.Maybe 15 minutes or so later,as I'm half zoned out and not paying attention to the mirrors anymore,just keeping a close eye on the speedometer since the cops were extra thick all day,suddenly said harley is going by me on the right.

Remember,this is a 2 lane road,so my right means this braindead fukkstick is inches beside me,so if either of us had veered ever so slightly,all 3 of us would've been getting scraped off the road with a spatula.It was pure luck that we survived,because normally I intentionally use every bit of the lane.I just happened to be cruising steady towards the left side of the lane while capt shyte-for-brains is executing this superbly intelligent maneuver

This was only 2 of MAAAAANY examples I have the privilege of enjoying each and every day,evidently thanks to the wonders of cheap and easily available lobotomies

Sorry,I usually don't do the "rant" thread thing,but at least I tried to make this entertaining instead of a complete downer:wink2:

·
Registered
250 Posts
Unfortunately, I can top that one. I was riding down a four lane highway (two lanes each way), when I overtake another bike in the right lane. Not to split lanes, I move over to the left lane to pass. As I am passing, a car passes between both of us. Mind you, I'm doing about 70 and the other bike about 60. This car is traveling about 90. Time for an underwear change.:bulgy-eyes:

·
END OF YEAR BIKE 2018 Winner
862 Posts
There are some riders (won't name) that think I am too safety conscious.

However...I have lost count of the times I have encountered brain dead maneuvers while riding. Sometimes bikers and sometimes cages. Many of them, I can honestly say, that had I not been extremely vigilant I might not be here today!
@Tinytim, I had a similar experience with another rider pulling a stunt like the one you experienced. Sadly, the biker that pulled the bonehead move was a guy I was riding with! Needless to say, I don't ride with the guy anymore.
@Ricksza, I have never had a cage split the space between two bikers on a TWO LANE direction! I can only imagine this driver must have been impaired. Hard to imagine a sane person would do that!

We can never be too vigilant when we're out there. I don't ride in a paranoid state of mind. That would destroy the fun and relaxation I derive from riding.

The incident I fear the most? The one I will never see coming. It's like a roll of the dice. Eventually it will happen. Sadly it seems the odds go up every year.

I tell every new rider, "Practice safety and wear all the gear every ride! Riding has an inherent risk built into the activity. Don't increase that risk with ignorance and bad habits."

Glhad you guys are safe and dodged those bullets. Never let your guard down! ATGATT!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I always try hard to not get mad when these things happen.I just kind of stare in disbelief.

I know I do pretty dumb things all the time myself.Sometimes it seemed like a good idea at the time,later,sometimes right afterwards,I'm like,"what the heck was I thinking?!"

That's why I always try to give everybody the benefit of the doubt,and don't do the typical road rage routine.When you let it get to you,you'll be doing the stupid crap that greatly increases the risk to yourself and everyone around

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
Yep...if you've been riding for more than a short while, you've accumulated a sizeable collection of personal stories such as these.

Be safe, folks.

If you're not ATGATT, like Glhad and many others...at least wear your helmet. :good:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts