Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fooling around with the right hand switches and somehow changed the displays from miles to Km. How do I switch it back?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, lets assume that I'm not an idiot... This is a used bike with no owner's manual. How about some useful answers. Google gave me nothing. I joined a Vulcan forum on the hope that you people might be useful.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Downloaded a copy of the owners manual. in the spot for the "meter units switch" It states to "refer to the meter instruments in this chapter" then proceeds to explain the cruise control. Nothing I can see regarding the units whatsoever. I am honestly asking a question here. I've been a part of other forums besides this one. I apologize in advance if I've asked a question that someone else has already asked, but if someone could give me five minutes to explain it, rather than referring to an owner's manual, I'd really appreciate it. I'd do it for you. , if I knew the answer.

·
BOTM Winner, August 2015
283 Posts
Push the Mode A - Mode B switch in for more than two seconds to go into the settings menu. Then by pushing the switch in again you can change from clock to distance unit(km/miles). Then push the switch to the right (Mode B) till you see it change to mpg USA (miles). Then to save, push in on the Mode A - Mode B for more than two seconds to return to standard display or let it time out with your new settings. Hope that helps. (Had to read it out of the manual to write it for you). They didn't make it an easy thing to do. Good luck. Hope that helps. Let me know how you make out.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
What's your email address? I will email you pics of the pages needed to do this. It will still be a pain but you'll get it. The directions aren't written very well, in my opinion. I hope. I did the same thing and it took me awhile to get it back.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome, thanks! This did the trick. Sorry for being a little snarky earlier, I was frustrated and couldn't find the info anywhere else

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Awesome, thanks! This did the trick. Sorry for being a little snarky earlier, I was frustrated and couldn't find the info anywhere else
If you would have posted the fact that you didn't get a manual in your original post, you would have got a different response.

There are those who don't want to bother looking in their manuals and expect us to spend time looking in ours and tell them what it says.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Did the pics of the owners manual I posted yesterday get deleted? Did this violate some rule? Just curious. Thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts