Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would some one please tell me how to hook up a pair of electomagnetic ( car horns ) horns. I've done it easily on my 1600 classic but I'm having a problem on my 2000. I've followed the directions that came w/ the horns & the only thing I can come up with is that the directions or me got something basackwards. MC-Rider.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've downloaded this site when I installed the horns on my 1600, I followed the same instructions w/ my V2K but it's not working. Is there something about how they wired the horn button in the V2K that's different? When I do it the right way the horn sounds when I hit the ignition switch on. The only way to have a horn is to hook only one of the duels up.

'06 V2K
10th bike in 2 yrs.
can't go much higher.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Depends on whether it uses the ground wire or hot wire for the switch circuit, is my guess, because different vehicles use different wire for the switch. Some switches will use two wires, some use one. You need to look at a wiring diagram for the bike, compare the horn circuit to that of the horn you are installing. Contact the manufacturer of the horn if your circuit is different than their instructions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts