Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, February 2016
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever seen a bagger style (i.e. Voyager/Vaquero) dual (one pipe on each side) exhaust on a 1700 classic?

Are there any fitments out there for this, or existing exhaust systems for this?

I assume that the Classic frame does not have the necessary mounts for the exhaust and possibly does not even have the space behind the engine to run the pipes.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, February 2016
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As far as I know that is only for the Vaquero

·
BOTM Winner, December 2013
1,172 Posts
those pipes fit the vaquero, voyager, and the nomad..... and can be fitted to the classic (as in it will bolt up to the engine and have all the proper clearance) but it will require custom made hangers......as the baggers have the hangers incorporated into the saddlebag mounts.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I believe Big Worm is correct. I have a Classic and was seriouly considering installing duals as I have hard saddle bags. However I think (and could be wrong) the left pipe would be in the way of removing the axle bolt.

·
BOTM Winner, December 2013
1,172 Posts
that's correct stitch you would either have to remove the left pipe or the shocks in order to remove the axle...just as you would on the vaquero, nomad, and the voyager

1 - 6 of 6 Posts