Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No more wimpy scooter horn for me. These bad boys are 6 inches in diameter.

Gave my wife her own drink holder.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Nice setup...don't mean to rain on your parade, but will they survive getting wet whenever you ride in the rain? :eek:

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oops. Two 120 Decibel Horns not 139 decibel. I guess I looked at too many horns before I made my choice. They are loud though.

MODEL 306-2T / 120 Decibels-345/290 Hz

They are advertized as the loudest electric horns you can buy.

The Bad Boy air horn is 118 Decibels so that will tell you how loud these electric horns are.

I have the Stebel Nautilus Air horn but could never find a place to mount it where it would be protected from water. It is 139 Decibel.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
I am going to get the Stebel and mount it under the unused filter cover on the left side after I install the Thunder Air kit.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Can you run 2 horns on the 5A horn circuit? Or did you run a separate circuit to AUX power? I like the way you've got the drink holder configuration, but I have the rear speakers, so no way to do that.

·
Registered
170 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
On 2011 Voyager Horn Circuit is 10A, I'm almost sure you can upgrade your fuse to 10A if necessary. For these loud horns you need 10A for sure. Thanks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Scorpo I really like the way you did 2 of the FIAMMS. I run one, but this winter will do the fairing mod the way you did. Great work and thx for pointing out that it's a 10A circuit.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I use both high and low tone.

Sent from a mobile device with a keyboard that sucks, pardon misspelled words..

·
Registered
894 Posts
I like it! Is it an easy - remove the stock and hook these up install or is there more involved?

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Can you run 2 horns on the 5A horn circuit? Or did you run a separate circuit to AUX power? I like the way you've got the drink holder configuration, but I have the rear speakers, so no way to do that.
I like it! Is it an easy - remove the stock and hook these up install or is there more involved?
The stock horn is a 10A circuit, but with two horns I wanted to use a relay for safety. The horn switch itself is usually the weak part and if you draw too much current through it you can fuse the switch.

I ran a wire with a 20A fuse to the positive terminal of the battery. Where the stock horn is located I mounted a 30A relay. I connected the stock horn wires to the switch on the relay, and put the two horns in parallel to the relay, and power from the battery to the last connector on the relay.

The horn circuit triggers the relay and the horn gets power from the battery. Can only come one when the bike is powered. Pretty easy install.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Agreed, very clean. Would like more info on mounting, and wiring.
Thanks

·
Registered
170 Posts
The stock horn is a 10A circuit, but with two horns I wanted to use a relay for safety. The horn switch itself is usually the weak part and if you draw too much current through it you can fuse the switch.

I ran a wire with a 20A fuse to the positive terminal of the battery. Where the stock horn is located I mounted a 30A relay. I connected the stock horn wires to the switch on the relay, and put the two horns in parallel to the relay, and power from the battery to the last connector on the relay.

The horn circuit triggers the relay and the horn gets power from the battery. Can only come one when the bike is powered. Pretty easy install.
You did the circuit the right way. Well done.

Sent from a mobile device with a keyboard that sucks, pardon misspelled words..

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Streble air horn on relay. Not pretty but LOUD.... Wish I had one of the black ones. Rain??? Whats that? Detachable passenger cup holder using a window flag mount. Its only on there when the wife wants it. That box in the back of the trunk is an aux power point.

·
Registered
894 Posts
More details on that cup holder - PLEASE!!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts