Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of the Wally World driving lights that I will be hooking up in the next few weeks (I've only had them for a year).

Should I hook them up to the Low beam or High Beam?

I'm thinking the low beam because I find the headlight does not really fan out as much as I would like. Your comments please.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I run em independant so I can have em on or off when ever I want.
I was thinking of that as well. Do you have them wired so they can only turn on when the bike is going?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Use the blue yellow wire under the tank to trigger relay then get power from accessory wire in head light bucket.This will make it so they are on with high or low beam & they come on after you start the bike.you can also use a switch like Gadget shows but I didn,t,just more stuff to go wrong & I wanted them on all the time after semi turned left in front of me last year

http://www.gadgetjq.com/wiredrivinglights.htm

·
Registered
941 Posts
I have mine wired independently also. But they do come on as soon as the key is turned. They aren't on the relay that the standard headlight uses. I didn't wire them the PO did.

I pretty never turn them off. I rather be seen and be a little irritating, then be goo. When I get some ambition and a helping hand to steady the bike I plan to align them so they are a little higher then the low beam and pushed outwards. That way I light up the ditches better.

Now I do know in the states, that some state laws say you can't have the spots on when the highbeam is on. But then again. I rather have to fight a ticket, then be goo.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I used the two accessory plug-ins inside the h-lite can. There is a plus and a neg in there. 15amp fused circuit, my two high powerd 35w lites run about 2.5-3 amps each so no problem there with 5-6amps. I leave em on all the time right now as the switch is on the light bar and I cant reach it past my lowers. I plan to a a small lighted rocker on the bars one of these days so I have manual control. As well this circuit is energized with the key on, but only with the key on. Not a big deal.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
I have mine wired independently also. But they do come on as soon as the key is turned. They aren't on the relay that the standard headlight uses. I didn't wire them the PO did.

I pretty never turn them off. I rather be seen and be a little irritating, then be goo. When I get some ambition and a helping hand to steady the bike I plan to align them so they are a little higher then the low beam and pushed outwards. That way I light up the ditches better.

Now I do know in the states, that some state laws say you can't have the spots on when the highbeam is on. But then again. I rather have to fight a ticket, then be goo.
Same here, always on , better to be seen than sorry.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I have the OEM ones and they are set with the low beam as recommended by kawasaki. The last thing I want is to blind someone in a car so I installed them the way the should be. If you still need more light even with the extra lights then you may need to consult a dr... When I'm in my car and see another car, motorcycle or anything that rolls with high beams on I put mine on highs as well.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Mine have their own switch, however, I have the relay switch connected to the low beam so that they shut off when the high beam is on. Here in CA, it's required by law that fog lamps and driving lights can only be used with the low beam(s) on any vehicle. Sorta makes things tempting, but I do comply with it.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Mine are on their own switch. On days when I'm particularly paranoid I run down the street with the headlight on modulator and the fog lights on. In the morning, dark I always have both of them on whether I have high beam or low beam on.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Yeah I rarely switch mine off. The only time I have turned them off is when I am working on the bike and shutting the bike off and restarting and I am not turning the bike all the way off. So I don't want the battery to die. At night I want the extra light to not only to see more, but to be seen. After having a close call with a deer last fall, I rather scare them off before I get to them. Plus after having Lasik, my night vision isn't what it used to be. Especially after a long day.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Wired mine up through a fused relay triggered by the high beams. I wanted them mainly to be more visable to the cagers not necessarily for more light. So they don't come on until after the bike starts and I can turn them off by going low beam. Works great for me.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Wally world lights

After much thinking and trial and error hooking mine up I ended up with the dims. I ran a 14 guage hot wire with blade fuse from the battery and put a relay in the headlight can using the dim light wire. I also put the brighter bulb in at the same time. I decided the bright on 100 is an improvement and with the dim and two 50 watts going it should be noticeable. I really didn't want to be pulled over and have to explain myself, my son is a cop and he told me it's against the law to run them with hi beams.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts