Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just arrived at the work and my shoes & legs under knees are absolutely vet/dirty, despite i rode only 10 mins, the rain isn't very heavy and i have fender extender on the bike.

any tips about staying cleaner during rain? :crying2:

My Vulcan s is throwing dirt away like hell :devil2:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Road splash is awful, even after the rain stops. Plus the splash from vehicles in the next lane or in front of you will get you wet and dirty.

I agree with @DaPreacha, some kind of rain suit and boot covers.

Gerry

·
Registered
261 Posts
Just arrived at the work and my shoes & legs under knees are absolutely vet/dirty, despite i rode only 10 mins, the rain isn't very heavy and i have fender extender on the bike.

any tips about staying cleaner during rain? :crying2:

My Vulcan s is throwing dirt away like hell :devil2:
Weatherproof rain gear that goes over your clothes. If you commute your bike to work, you absolutely need to get gear that goes over your work clothes, or bring your clothes in a bag and change at work. Don't commute with your work clothes exposed, unless your job is a motorcycle rider and your work clothes is motorcycle gear :D

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Or buy some chaps. Ride with non-work boots. And either find some lowers for that machine or fabricate some of your own.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I ride to work everyday so I bought a pair of knee high boots for when I ride and change into work shoes I keep under my desk.
Voyage ? Forma Boots
I'm very limited to choice with a size 15. Size 50 euro is a perfect fit.
If it's dry, jeans go over boots. If it's wet, jeans go in boots.
I sport a batwing fairing so rain gear is optional depending on how much rain.
We're in a serious drought at the moment so I keep positive when I sweat my ass off in a leather jacket, "At least it's not raining"...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts