Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I won on ebay a drivers backrest for $100 http://www.westendmotorsports.com/custom-world-driver-backrest-vulcan-06up-classic-only-plain-will-custom-p-8054.html
as you can see it clearly says will not fit the LT or custom. Why it wont fit a custom I have no idea just get longer bolts. The Lt I can see why now, the whole assembly is one welded together piece, unlike the lt's sissy bar. But my dad slotted my sissy bar to make it a quicker release (I no longer have to take it apart and remove my saddle bags to get it off anymore). I took the exact same thing he did and with an angle grinder I gave it a shot and viola. Now what you really want photos.

It is solid, so is the sissy bar, the way its slotted prevents it from moving back or forth plus the saddlebags keep everything nice and snug I might throw the sissybar back on later but i never use it so wth.

·
Registered
108 Posts
My old backrest looks right at home on your bike. Well done on the modification. Kinda wish I'd thought of that. :eek:

·
Registered
90 Posts
dang, this gave me an idea too. take another passenger backrest, put the mounting plates on backwards, and bend the backrest bar back right below the pad. thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts