Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a miserable 68 in April this year. Yeah, I know but it'll happen to you young whippersnappers sooner than you think.

Anyway, I tried to find a driver's back rest for my '08 Vulcan 2000 on the Net. No luck. Made the mistake of going to a Kawasaki dealership here. They had one. $398.00. I said 398 what? Kopeks?

Anyway, does anyone know ANY WHERE I can buy a driver's back rest (For A 2000LT) on the Net?

$398 U.S. dollars for a friggin' back rest is NUTS! Plus tax!

Thanks! DSCF4896.jpg

·
Registered
860 Posts
The grasshopper is a good backrest, provided you have a stock seat still on cus if you have an aftermarket seat the hardware wont fit.
Now also consider that I said they are good but not necessarily great, the best thing about them is they are affordable, with that you get a very simple piece of hardware that installs very easy and fast (just attach along with the front seat screws) and the back rest slides right in. It also has a bit of bounce to it, the supporting plate is thick enough to hold you but it will bend a little as you lean into it so, depending how much you weight, it will bed more or less. The lack of rigidity can be a plus.

The same lack of rigidity can be a negative 4 some as they might want more support and furthermore it is NOT adjustable. When I installed mine (in my previous ride, a vulcan 1600) the angle it came in was very comfortable so it did not need to be adjusted at all, prbly the only bad thing I ca say is the pad is very crappy, the material seems kinda cheap and is not very well made.

I would say is a good entry level inexpensive back rest (around a $100) but I have since ridden with a mustang seat with matching adjustable backrest and it is awesome, I sometimes miss the bounce of the grasshopper but in the long run and for longer trips the mustang is definitely the winner.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Drivers Backrest

I'm a miserable 68 in April this year. Yeah, I know but it'll happen to you young whippersnappers sooner than you think.

Anyway, I tried to find a driver's back rest for my '08 Vulcan 2000 on the Net. No luck. Made the mistake of going to a Kawasaki dealership here. They had one. $398.00. I said 398 what? Kopeks?

Anyway, does anyone know ANY WHERE I can buy a driver's back rest (For A 2000LT) on the Net?

$398 U.S. dollars for a friggin' back rest is NUTS! Plus tax!

Thanks! View attachment 181249
I have one that I removed from my 1500 classic, I will post a pic of the unit and mounting bracket if it will work for you can have it just past the shipping. It is in perfect condition I just did not like it at all and will not work with my new Mustang seat.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Search Ebay. Picked one up from there as a temporary fix until I buy a proper aftermarket seat. Has been good so far. Riding is much more bearable now, although I can't wait to put on a new seat. Never been on a stock metric seat that I like, however I've never been on a Harley seat that made my legs/butt go numb and get uncomfortable like Metrics do. If only Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, etc would spend a couple hundred per bike to design a better seat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts